• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone Going to Training Camp?

Catalyst

Training camp is fun and imformative but certainly nothing like going to an actual game. It's neat because you can hear some of the coaching and form your own opinions about young players. The first thing you need to do is make a philisophical choice between autographs and practice. There is a row of people that sit up at the field exit for the entire day to get autographs. You can do this but you will miss all of the football. The best thing to do is get there early and for autographs and then move over for the practice.

Spartanburg has a very nice selection of restaraunts, you might as well take advantage. I don't care for the Beacon, the burgers were small and cheap. It's just a large portion of greasy food. Wades is good, there are a ton of places I can't remember. Just try to stay on main roads. I got lost in Spartanburg once and I can honestly say I feared for my life at one point.

The big thing is bring cold drinks, a hat, and sunscreen. The bugs and bees can be bad at times so I avoid sugary drinks. Sometimes I take pictures but the Panthers staff will not allow you to shoot video.

All in all it's a good time every Panther fan should make the trip.

I strongly recommend WADE'S, to eat at before or after, it's really close to WOFFORD, almost walking distance, it's a meat & 3/home cooking type-o-place....you might have to wait in line to get in, but it's totally worth it!!!

Like someone else said, stay in Greenville and make the commute! Also bring your pistol if you do stay in Sparkle City because it is quickly becoming the murder capitol of the south!

There are LOTS of good hotels close by in Spartanburg ... no need to go to Greenville. See visitspartanburg.com.

I'm getting my pilots license this month. Maybe i can just grab an airplane and fly down. Cut down on time it takes to get there :D

On another note. How does Training camp work. I see on the schedule it starts on the 30TH, but no other dates after that. Is it a everyday practice? or if i go, would i only see the 30th practice??

The report on July 27 and practice starts July 28. Specific schedule has not been released yet.

I live walking distance.

Depends on your level of football acumen on whether you will enjoy it, or love it. If you love the nuts and bolts, get a good umbrella, a thick blanket, and a thermos of water and sit down at the fence. Look for a handful of guys down at the fence. That could be us. If you want action, it can be hit and miss. Because you never know whether they post the full schedule or just the practice schedule.

I am not sure how you can get lost near the fields and wind up in peril? Unless you ran into any of my inlaws at night. Just do not go east on foot from the fields and you should be golden.

It is damm near an hour from the field to downtown Gville. There are literally 20 good places to stay closer to the fields. Unless your standards are all that, you should be fine in Flag City. Hell, you can stay at the College Inn and walk through the campus to practice. I can help, but only if you truly want the help.

Or Panther-Lover has even more info than I do. So do not let a lack of info get in the way of a great experience.

I have never had a bad practice. Cuz everything they do is important. And I do not feel entitled just because I have been to more practices than most. It is just a lucky break for me.

Spartanburg is a great place to visit. Do not let the unenlighted few fill your head with their nonsense.

Short stroy long. My giddy got carried away. And GOOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Archived