• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

89 wants to play 3-4 more years

B wood

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8044013

Basically said in 4 years when his son starts college he will hang up the cleats to become a cheerleader for his son. He said he has zero doubt he is still an elite receiver in the NFL but when the time comes he will be happy to pass the torch & take a backseat to LaFell & Gettis. Said he understands it will be more about being a leader. Also mentioned his gratitude towards Mr. Richardson. Smitty is a Panther for life thru & thru.

Steve Smith is a fierce competitor, great teammate, & loving family man.

Damnit Cam, get this man a ring!

His son starting HIghschool this year makes me feel old as crap.

I know the feeling. My best friends daughter is starting high school this year. I remember driving home from college when she was born.… yikes =[

Yep, you guys are old...

Now about Smitty, I am glad he is set on being a Panther. So when Cam is resigning his multi-year $1 Billion contract, Smitty will still be here to encourage him to stay....and just think in 8 years, will could have Smitty JR???

"With all my flaws I never see myself as all of that," Smith said. "I'm still trying to figure out this football thing and this leadership thing. I think the people (with the statues) out there I've met and I respect and I hold those people in high regard. I won't ever be in a position to say that I deserve that. I have in the past, ignorantly and being immature.

"I work hard on the field and Mr. Richardson has blessed my family with that. If that's all I get I'm pretty appreciative of that."

Diva.

Some of us are like fine wine and get better with age. We don't look at age as anything but a number. How do I look at getting older? Mostly from what I can or can't still do. At forty I didn't scuba dive or rock climb. This year I did both, so I am still not over the hill.

As for Smitty, as JB said more succinctly, anyone who can read that article and think Smith is a Diva has a must different definition than I do. Smith is going to be worth keeping around as much for what he can do in the locker room as for what he can still do on the field.

Diva.

Steve Smith could punch your mom....and a week later talk to the media and you would think he was calmest and most rational guy in the world.

Smith has always said the right things...

His leadership was a joke as late as 2010. Let the guy be a one man wrecking crew. That is what he is...and the best player to ever where a uniform here ( he doesnt have to be everything)

great article about a great player..

but what I found most interesting was this little tidbit..

He raves about rookie cornerback Josh Norman calling him "impressive" and adds linebacker Luke Kuechly is a star in the making and a guy he sees as "making 15 tackles on an off day."

Good to see the rookie corner impressing the vet

Archived