• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One thing I have not seen mentioned yet regarding minicamp....

Zod

I beat out a 90 yr old lady and won a toaster.

I guarantee the text was from peppers and it shows interest in what's going on out there on the field. I don't expect Peppers to hold out during training camp this year. he will either be traded or signed. I wouldn't expect anything other than speculation until it happens, so I will go with my gut instinct and wait like everyone else.

Um, it is a fact Fox is a uber conservative coach. It is a fact he was the most conservative coach in the NFL last season. It is also a fact that he puts his conservative touch on offensive and defensive coordinators here in Carolina.

To think something different will occur this year is based off wishful thinking and not facts.

Kinda hard to be buckling down behind the desk, on the phone trying to get deals done.........with NO MONEY TO WORK WITH.

I mean come on...what else does he have to do. He has done about all he can thus far, and a pretty damn good job of it if you ask me.

So if he wants to wander around training/mini camp, now would be the time since he obviously has ample amounts of free time to do so.

I've seen him there previously though, so nothing new.

:cheers2:

out of curiosity, where is the defining line between conservative and liberal coaching?

and why isn't there talk about coaches being too liberal, ie careless?

not saying that foxy isn't too conservative because that is my opinion most of the time but it is just that, an opinion and i don't really consider opinions facts. most saying that fox is conservative is expressing an opinion, not a fact.

out of curiosity, where is the defining line between conservative and liberal coaching?

and why isn't there talk about coaches being too liberal, ie careless?

not saying that foxy isn't too conservative because that is my opinion most of the time but it is just that, an opinion and i don't really consider opinions facts. most saying that fox is conservative is expressing an opinion, not a fact.

that is the main knock on the coach down in N.O. isn't? being too liberal?

they even put all playcalls and situations into a computer and Fox came up as taking the least amount of risks in the entire NFL last season.

As many bombs as we throw to Smith, i wonder if that is taken into account. I think Meeks is a strong enough personality to have fox work with him (doesn't hurt having the defensive stats to back himself up), and our running game is good enough to play conservatively there; The only thing I am worried about is Delhomme and he is playing with a chip on his shoulder this year I guarantee it (said in my best george foreman impersonation)!

I'm just gonna roll with the changes because I think every one has been a step forward.

Most excited I have been since last season...

I saw this quote from Beason on the Panthers website and I was wondering if anyone else saw it and recognized its significance...

here is the link: http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/masons-minutes-minicamp-shots/902fc6ea-d60b-427e-be7e-a7624aca25b4

and the quote: "I got a random text message from somebody who said, 'Look after him," Beason said. (In reference to Everette Brown)

Bingo.

While I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Peppers texting that to Beason, it could just as easily be one of Brown's friends, family members or college teammates.

Not everything is a reference to Julius Peppers, you know. ;)

Maybe they mean things like not going for it more on 4th, playing ball control, going into more keep the play in front of you type defenses etc. vs guys like Martz who are like eff it, throw, throw, throw, ints don't matter.

those are pretty much the things i would look at but still its pretty subjective, not something that you could call facts. more just semantics, though. just thought it was funny that someone said "it is a fact that fox is too conservative".

as far as martz is concerned, there may just be a reason why that guy doesn't have a job anymore and i think you gave the reason.

Hurney has been doing things differently this year. A couple of draft sites were commenting on how he was showing up to so many college's pro days in March, especially the 1-AA and smaller schools. I think from the combine until early April, he went to at least 15 different places. Of course, I think a few scouts got the axe at the beginning of the year so that might explain it. That and the fact that he was anticipating Peppers stranglehold of the cap meant a lot more than usual undrafted free agents would be needed.

those are pretty much the things i would look at but still its pretty subjective, not something that you could call facts. more just semantics, though. just thought it was funny that someone said "it is a fact that fox is too conservative".

as far as martz is concerned, there may just be a reason why that guy doesn't have a job anymore and i think you gave the reason.

Yeah the only one you can easily statistically define with much accuracy is the going for it on 4th down thing. I think that most of the time defensive HCs ARE more conservative by nature on O, which is usually what is meant when people say someone is a conservative HC, OFFENSIVELY conservative. Fox is not the first or last HC I have heard say a punt is not a bad thing. I think I read Fisher saying that somewhat recently as a matter of fact.

Archived