• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One thing I have not seen mentioned yet regarding minicamp....

Zod

Forgive me if it has been mentioned.

Marty Hurney was at the mini camp. I don't recall ever seeing him at one before. He was actively walking around the field.

Read into that what you will....

Forgive me if it has been mentioned.

Marty Hurney was at the mini camp. I don't recall ever seeing him at one before. He was actively walking around the field.

Read into that what you will....

hmmm... seems like I have seen him there before...

Unless they are sure Peppers is going to sit out most of the season, I doubt he is going anywhere. It really sounds like Meeks is keen on playing to players strengths so maybe peppers will get at least a fraction of what he wants. I think Peppers will give Meeks a chance this year and vice versa.

Hurney has something up his sleeve though...

I was also thinking about a thread about how glad we are that trgo is gone. Since he decided to leave and wasn't fired I'm wondering if he was just fed up with fox. We used to complain about how conservative hennings was when he was here under fox and now look at his system in miami.

it may be nothing more than wanting to see the change in coaching staff in action and what things they do differently and the players reaction.

we have had pretty much the same coaching staff doing the same thing for how long? most likely what had been talked up in meetings was what we have seen done differently...an emphasis on technique and fundamentals, holding all players to the same standards and expecting the same whether established vet or UDFA rooks.

from everything i have heard from those who were at minicamp it is MUCH different than what has been done at practices in the past. TC is something i'm always excited to go to anyway but this year the fact that things are going to be done so differently...more of a bootcamp atmosphere...i am going to be a lot more interested in seeing things. that may be the reason that hurney is wanting to be around more.

Unless they are sure Peppers is going to sit out most of the season, I doubt he is going anywhere. It really sounds like Meeks is keen on playing to players strengths so maybe peppers will get at least a fraction of what he wants. I think Peppers will give Meeks a chance this year and vice versa.

Hurney has something up his sleeve though...

I was also thinking about a thread about how glad we are that trgo is gone. Since he decided to leave and wasn't fired I'm wondering if he was just fed up with fox. We used to complain about how conservative hennings was when he was here under fox and now look at his system in miami.[/QUOTE]

you can pretty much bet the house that whatever style of D Meeks has us play.....Fox will come in at some point and put his uber-conservative tweek on it........I mean, there is no point lying to ourselves that somehow Fox is going to change......we see the same thing every year. Fox IS the most conservative coach in the NFL.....and Meeks will experience it like all the others have.

I saw this quote from Beason on the Panthers website and I was wondering if anyone else saw it and recognized its significance...

here is the link: http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/masons-minutes-minicamp-shots/902fc6ea-d60b-427e-be7e-a7624aca25b4

and the quote: "I got a random text message from somebody who said, 'Look after him," Beason said. (In reference to Everette Brown)

Bingo.

Just your opinion, may or may not be true. I'm really tired of people assuming things as facts when they're not facts at all, just preconceived opinions...

Oh, and Jake never checks off either and Fox / Hurney are on the hot seat...

I saw this quote from Beason on the Panthers website and I was wondering if anyone else saw it and recognized its significance...

here is the link: http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/masons-minutes-minicamp-shots/902fc6ea-d60b-427e-be7e-a7624aca25b4

and the quote: "I got a random text message from somebody who said, 'Look after him," Beason said. (In reference to Everette Brown)

Bingo.

i have my own thoughts about this text (maybe from peppers? baseless speculation baseless speculation baseless speculation)

i was wondering what you thought was the significance and what was the bingo about?

Archived