• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Workout Warriors

Darth Biscuit

Sorta workout related--After I recovered from my broken elbow this past November I got this crazy chronic right upper back pain.  Tried the lacrosse ball rolling, a ton of stuff but finally got it to fade away by getting a deep tissue massage in the basement of a bar by a 45 year old Estonian mom. 

Started cutting my diet last week from 3000 calories @ 25%/50/25 fat/carbs/protein to 2200 @ 30/30/40.  I'm doing this for about 4 weeks, then I'll start bulking up again.  Headed to Miami in mid-April, so just trying to make sure the abs are at least peeking through by then [even though I'll be chained to the woman].  Still gotta give'em something to look at, right?  This weather needs to start warming up so I can at least get my cardio in outside and work on this pasty white skin.

How's everyone's progress?

Gains weren't really my goal, but if they were, I would be pretty satisfied by what I've done so far. I've put on a little over 20 lbs. in 6 months. I think it's all lean, but idk. My clothes still fit the same. As much as I love lifting, I suppose I need to get back into cardio and interval training.

Gains weren't really my goal, but if they were, I would be pretty satisfied by what I've done so far. I've put on a little over 20 lbs. in 6 months. I think it's all lean, but idk. My clothes still fit the same. As much as I love lifting, I suppose I need to get back into cardio and interval training.

ive dropped about 2 inches off my waist since October, but I weigh about the same.

I been lifting regularly as usual.  I don't really have any set goals.  

I had a training partner back in Sept-Oct and we were doing a lot more cardio.  Situations changed and I went back to working out more by myself in mid-November and a lot of the cardio dropped off (plus I went back to doing a lot more power lifting).  I've gained probably 8 lbs, so I'm currently around 222 depending on the time of day... the positive is that my lifts all went up, I can hit 4-5 reps at 405lbs on squat and I have successfully pulled 550x1 the last few times I deadlifted.  Bench hasn't done much because my shoulder has been bothering me a little and I haven't hit bench very hard in the last month and a half.

I'm starting to get back into some cardio now... I did some time on the new Jacob's ladder machines our gym got last week after my workout last night and man those things will kill you.  I'd like to get back down to about 215 by summer and keep my deadlift and squat numbers up as high as I can.

I was working out a good bit on the weekends with our fellow huddler Joscott, but he went and got himself a cute little girlfriend and now I never see him...  Do you even lift bro?

Archived