• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cadogan

Hell yeah. I loved this signing. I posted a couple links about him in a thread about another player, so I'll post them here for those that didn't catch it...

He's also released 2 albums :o

http://ydr.inyork.com/ydr/psu/ci_10287438

lmao XD

Did anybody else read the link that said we gave him that unusual three year deal for an offensive lineman and we also promised him essentially to start behind Jordan Gross as a rookie? That is a hell of a lot of confidence in a young undrafted offensive lineman. I really can't figure out how such a player commanded a HUGE amount of interest yet nobody even would give up a 6th or 7th rounder next year for him for a team that wanted to move out of the last round. If you think highly enough of a player to offer him the uncontested backup position behind your all-pro left tackle, then why in the world wouldn't you burn a 7th on him?

Did anybody else read the link that said we gave him that unusual three year deal for an offensive lineman and we also promised him essentially to start behind Jordan Gross as a rookie? That is a hell of a lot of confidence in a young undrafted offensive lineman. I really can't figure out how such a player commanded a HUGE amount of interest yet nobody even would give up a 6th or 7th rounder next year for him for a team that wanted to move out of the last round. If you think highly enough of a player to offer him the uncontested backup position behind your all-pro left tackle, then why in the world wouldn't you burn a 7th on him?

Tom Brady, Terrell Davis, James Harrison, etc...

The front office feels they have a steal. Hope they're right.

Tom Brady, Terrell Davis, James Harrison, etc...

The front office feels they have a steal. Hope they're right.

Well my point was more like, if you're a player that has at least 10 teams highly interested enough to call you inside of 10 minutes of the draft ending and a 12-4 team has to step up their offer to 3 years and an assured backup position behind an all pro tackle, then why didn't any of those 10 teams decide to pull the trigger on him in the 7th round? Surely not everybody was THAT enamored with their selection in the 7th.

Well my point was more like, if you're a player that has at least 10 teams highly interested enough to call you inside of 10 minutes of the draft ending and a 12-4 team has to step up their offer to 3 years and an assured backup position behind an all pro tackle, then why didn't any of those 10 teams decide to pull the trigger on him in the 7th round? Surely not everybody was THAT enamored with their selection in the 7th.

Its strange to think that he would fall out of the draft for sure. I suppose its possible that we are in an unanticipated bidding war that resulted in the upped ante.

Apparently they were :cool:

Every year there are a handful of UDFA's that get a multi-year contract (typically 3 years) or a relatively significant signing bonus ($25 thousand or so). The competition for the top FA's is so great that teams aften have to give them something to get them in their camp. However, the thing with those three year contracts is that they are almost never guaranteed, so in reality there is little risk to the team.

I have heard that he was told he would begin as the backup LT behind Gross, but I don't believe he was given any assurances that he will be handed that position permanantly, just a chance to compete for it.

Archived