• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's big, even if Carolina isn't

redbuddha

i don't even think it was all that negative. maybe a little self-depreciating as a carolina native and panther fan, but still probably all meant in fun. it's just funny/sad that people get so upset over things like this. not saying that this is you, but many just go looking for the disrespect angle in everything. imo, it just shows a bit of insecurity.

My comments before I read the article were more just to be silly. I do think the media shows bias in favor of large market teams, and against small market teams, or teams with a smaller fan base with less envolved fans, and I'm none to fond of that. If you won't concede that she made a negative comment about the Panthers, then I'm not sure how you would define the word negative.

it wasn't very negative. it was just a statement made kind of sort of humorously...kind of. i mean it wasn't meant to be a slight on the team or the area. not meant to be taken seriously or offensively. not meant to make the team look like a joke.

regarding the bias against smaller market teams...i don't know. i kind of just expect it. aside from an appearance in the superbowl the team hasn't really done much noteworthy. most don't care about a failed trip to the NFCC or whatever.

i don't even think it was all that negative. maybe a little self-depreciating as a carolina native and panther fan, but still probably all meant in fun. it's just funny/sad that people get so upset over things like this. not saying that this is you, but many just go looking for the disrespect angle in everything. imo, it just shows a bit of insecurity.

Reading this thread, I don't think anyone is legit upset about this. More so just having fun from the "upset" side of things haha with a few women jokes in between

Basically, people like repping their cities and sh*t

it wasn't very negative. it was just a statement made kind of sort of humorously...kind of. i mean it wasn't meant to be a slight on the team or the area. not meant to be taken seriously or offensively. not meant to make the team look like a joke.

I don't think the comment was by any means deadly serious, nothing in the article is that way. I can certainly imagine a non-Panther fan reading what I consider to be her negative comment, and thinking our team is a joke. To balance out the article, I wish she had made a few positive comments about our past offense, defense, or whatever. That's jmo.

The was she balaced the article is like this:

The Panthers past was lousey (negative).

The Panthers future should be bright because Cam is wonderful. (positive).

I wasn't crazy about the way she wrote it, but it's fluff so it's no big deal.

Teal?

I'll say one thing about this franchise, we are on a fast track rise. Last night I watched the Panther/Cardinals season opener from last year. The number of Panther fans at that game was pretty suprising. TV could have been playing a trick on me, but I saw a lot of Panther blue in that stadium.

Fug the rest of the world, go Panthers.

I was at this game with my wife & son. There was many Carolina Panthers fans at the game. Plus the Arizona fans were very nice in the section I was in.

Archived