• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Aaron Rodgers have leadership issues or need a mind coach?

teeray

It depends on how you determine "giving us a chance to win" In the first half , even though we didn't score a TD we flipped the field on every possession. The Giants never had starting field position past their own 30 yard line with the exception of Cam's first pick which resulted in zero NY points. Yet despite that, we were still down 20-0 at half.

Also, despite flipping field position on offense our best starting field position in the first half was our own 21 yard line.

With most teams the third best option behind a field goal or TD is flipping field position. We did that. The defense didn't uphold there end of the bargain in keeping that field position or keeping the other team off the score board.

I am not trying to absolve the offense of playing poorly, but there is more than one side of the ball that can give you a chance to win. When your offense flips fields every possession the defense shouldn't give up 20 points in half.

Cam was certainly not the only one who played poorly I didn't mean to imply that. The D was bad, ST was bad and the O was bad. Cam and the O has to put points on the board because we all know the D or ST will not win us ball games. Flipping field position is key but with our team we have to score points, and our O should be good enough to do that.

Years and years of demonizing the Vicks, Vince Youngs, McNabbs, etc and propping up the Peytons, Bradys, as "white knights" has taken its toll on some of our fans. They have agendas and biases that are engrained in their DNA. They love the Panthers but are forced to root for a QB they never wanted and prefer as someone to "root against", so there's this need to prove Cameron is "strange" or doing things "abnormal" from other QBs. There's this need to hold him accountable over our other team "leaders" because he's playing a position subconsciously that they feel he is unfairly playing.

It wouldnt be so bad if they werent so predictable about it. Being that Cameron is 6'5 and athletically gifted it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see this crowd was going to attack his "mental" and "leadership" abilities since they cant question his physical. We pretty much can count on having 10 years of good QBing that wont be appreciated because fans feel the need to overscrutinize and nitpick the QB they cant see themselves in. Not all of our fans are like this, we've got a lot of people who have embraced him, but there is a chunk of fans who care more about treating Cam as an "outsider" than they do about winning.

Sorry for the late quote, but I just started reading this thread and I had to comment on this. Just in case anyone else missed it - KT believes that white people are born racist, that it's actually a part of their DNA to be bigoted towards blacks. ARE YOU fuging KIDDING ME?!

Yelling at your receiver for a mistake is not leadership in my book. Can the receivers yell at him if he commits a mistake? As others have said the cameras may not show it but cam is over on the bench reviewing plays with the coach. The camera may focus on a couple of seconds of cam's face when he is downtrodden and looking sad but I can't count how many times I have seen that over the years with various quarterbacks. Yet somehow cam is suppose to be this all encompassing leader that you see in your mind. Yeah ok buddy..

As I said in one of my previous post, this is perception that's controlled by the media that makes it appear worse than it is, I hope. I think that Cam will be fine, my issue is with our playcalling. However, if you ask me do I like all of the images that I see of Cam on the sidline, no I don't and I doubt if you do either. Players will react either way. A QB yelling at his WR for running the wrong route is leadership is my book. A WR yelling at his QB for constant bad throws is an example of leadership. A lineman yelling at another lineman for numerous missed assignments, is an example of leadership. You get what you're willing to tollerate. You're only looking at the yelling itself and saying that if someone yells at you it wouldn't be good leadership. These guys have built a relationship with each other and respect when another player corrects them on their mistakes. Will every player react the same way, no.

My intial post in this thread stated that Rodgers and Cam demeanor on the sideline was a reaction to different events and a comparision was not accurate. If you don't see that, I can't help you.

I'm not saying Cam is suppose to be this all encompassing leader, but he is suppose to be a leader in my mind buddy.

Sorry for the late quote, but I just started reading this thread and I had to comment on this. Just in case anyone else missed it - KT believes that white people are born racist, that it's actually a part of their DNA to be bigoted towards blacks. ARE YOU fuging KIDDING ME?!

Why would that surprise you? He has been spewing the same hateful and racist crap on here for years.

Why would that surprise you? He has been spewing the same hateful and racist crap on here for years.

Remember when I said Cam was too stupid to be an NFL QB and he had no business on the field for us? Remember when I said he was a thug that would bring our whine and cheese image down a notch if we annointed him?

For the record, last night Aaron Rodgers shoved a camera man and was terse and short during his post game presser after losing a game in which his offense played relatively poorly.

I think his leadership should be questioned and he needs a mind coach.

Still waiting on the media firestorm.

His team just got jobbed by incompetent asshats. I don't blame him

KT has been spewing racist bullpoo on this forum for years... he's doing it again in this thread. However, and this is in NO WAY defending anything that he has said, it's obvious to me that there is something more than just casual "dislike" or whatever you want to call it of Cam. He is under a microscope for sure... part of it is that he is essentially being put up as the savior of this franchise... which he completely has the ability to be. But unfortunately for some, his being black is an issue...

Of course for KT, race is the root of every single bit of criticism against Cam, and that is absolutely wrong. KT told me, and many others that we would never, ever even HAVE a black QB in Carolina, much less that we would root for one... he was wrong, we all knew it and it was proven... now he's got to have another angle of attack... so I pretty much just ignore everything he says because he's coming from a very deep hole of disallusionment that he'll never get out of.

As for Cam, my comment earlier in the thread stands... if you're not going to stand behind our franchise QB, then gtfo. Obviously everyone has an opinion, and sometimes every player deserves criticism... but constant bad mouthing and poo talking about the guy is just stupid... take it to a rival board.

Of course for KT, race is the root of every single bit of criticism against Cam, and that is absolutely wrong.

Ive never said such a thing, you sound insecure.

KT told me, and many others that we would never, ever even HAVE a black QB in Carolina, much less that we would root for one...

BS. You told me Rodney Peete, we dont need one, we're fine with the scrubs we got. Now you never mention Peete anymore. He was simply a token for your guilt. I also dont recall you all those years championing what a QB like Cam can do. That was me and you know it. Now you want to play the "oh we finally got one so KT was wrong" angle. Try again.

now he's got to have another angle of attack...

Its not angle of attack when you respond to stupidity, ignorance, and fear

so I pretty much just ignore everything he says because he's coming from a very deep hole of disallusionment that he'll never get out of.

Yet you stay coming in these thread behind me. Dying to get some attention off my name. You could've made your points without even mentioning me if this were the case. I make you feel guilty PERIOD. You've got friends and family who share a lot of the sentiments I describe. Its OK, you can be better than that biscuit. Funny thing is, you live in a town home of one of the most racist and despicable events ever in US history and you play the "racism and bias doesnt exist" angle.

As for Cam, my comment earlier in the thread stands... if you're not going to stand behind our franchise QB, then gtfo. Obviously everyone has an opinion, and sometimes every player deserves criticism... but constant bad mouthing and poo talking about the guy is just stupid... take it to a rival board.

The only meaningful thing in your post. You could've stated it out without the pot shot to me. But again instinct kicked in.

For the record, last night Aaron Rodgers shoved a camera man and was terse and short during his post game presser after losing a game in which his offense played relatively poorly.

I think his leadership should be questioned and he needs a mind coach.

Still waiting on the media firestorm.

No - he needs better officiating.

I didn't see AR with his blanky on the sideline staring off into space, either.

FTR; Rogers is probably the best QB in the entire NFL. He has a SB. He is a legitimate MVP candidate.

Newton is a kid who has played 19 NFL games. Not fair for either party to compare the two.

The media does not like Cam, guys. There's no reason for the Panthers fans to start going after each other because of what some fat yankee who drinks 18 cups of coffee says about Cam.

i like cam as my QB but seriously dude.... Don't compare others to him for this matter. Cam is guilty and this is ALWAYS the way he acts! don't try that well so and so did it too crap! We have issues in Carolina, GB will bounce back faster than us, and likely the bears as well. Loses heart the heart of out team. Those teams get over it and continue competing! Ans yes, if the kid acts like this, get him a special coach because the head coach apparently hasn't nipped the issue!

The media does not like Cam, guys. There's no reason for the Panthers fans to start going after each other because of what some fat yankee who drinks 18 cups of coffee says about Cam.

Unfortunately some of our fans will not see it that way. And its like dangling a raw steak in front of a hungry wolf. They're going to join the party and pile on and pounce too. We're already seeing it.

If you drop legitimate criticism of a black QB you are a racist - KT

I told y'all that the reason the criticism on Cam by the "experts" and "analysts" is due to the fact that he made 99% of them look like dumb asses after he proved them wrong last season. Their all piling on him now because they want to clench to anything that could regain their credibility.

Cam does rub people the wrong way. Sorry, but it's true. I can't explain it. But I do think that a majority of the media wants Cam to go down in a blazing train wreck.

We need to rally behind Cam and the team at this point!!!!!

Archived