• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we blame Richardson and not Hurney?

Snake

BULL fuging poo!!!

I have been up in his ass for years with little to no support from anyone in sight.

We are a bottom dweller right now, and Hurney is to blame.

If I was the leader of this bullshit at my job, I would have done the right thing and step down. I wouldn't need to be fired.

If you were someone blaming the GM back in the summer and before then my post was not directed at you (since apparently you can't read very well). If you just started blaming the Gm since you started noticing the blank stare on Cam's face in the first half of the bux game or sometime between now and then, then I am talking to you.

We clear?

If what you say is true then there is no hope for this team. History will just repeat its self till something changes. IDK when this playing young players thing came along but its been worse then what they did prior to it. You will never make me understand how we can build from the draft all the while trading our draft picks away every year. Just makes no sense to me.

it isn't worse playing so many young players. there has just been no balance. it's been one way or the other.

the plus side of playing so many young players is that they are getting experience so you're actually building a team for the future. the problem with that is that it takes longer to pull that off than what we would like and involves quite a bit of risk taking.

the way it was before where we relied too heavily on old guys was that the window of opportunity was rapidly closing and it didn't look like there was any chance that another would be opening. there was no phase 2 to the building process. eventually it would have all fallen apart anyways. what richardson did in having hurney strip the team down was boil several years of decay into one nasty and painful band aid removal.

imo, the biggest problem has been on the defensive side of the ball. i think we brought in a good amount of talent on offense and from that point it's just a matter of cam maturing and the OC finding the right balance between trying to be innovative and disciplined. it's been the right balance personnel-wise between FAs/trades/draft picks.

defense has been way too lopsided in the way it's been put together.

to be honest...i have no qualms with trading away picks, as long as they aren't early picks, esp. rounds one and two. i just wish that we used those picks less for gambling on rookie low-risk. meh-reward prospects and more on vets who have a clue.

If you were someone blaming the GM back in the summer and before then my post was not directed at you (since apparently you can't read very well). If you just started blaming the Gm since you started noticing the blank stare on Cam's face in the first half of the bux game or sometime between now and then, then I am talking to you.

We clear?

Clear as mud, since you said nobody was blaming him, I took that as nobody.

Like the word means.

This is pretty simple... Hurney (and everyone else in the Panthers organization) serves at the discretion of JR, so JR should be blamed because he's the ultimate authority in the organization. If you think Hurney is a lousy GM, then it's JR's fault for allowing him to continue to serve in that role.

I do not believe we should blame it all on JR. We have one of the most well repected owners in the league. When Goddell was doing all the consulting last year for the lock out, Jerry was in there with Robert Kraft. The reason the Peyton Manning stuff became a story was because he was in the room. He is a big deal. He was at the forefront of the negotiations. In turn, his teams do not resemble Kraft's product because of the GM. They get rid of so many of their veterans when its time to pay them that they have suffered recently. On the other hand, we re-sign all of our guys to max contracts and that has hurt us. I do believe that JR has a soft spot being an ex-player, and maybe that is why he allows for some of these contracts. But the day in day out stuff is Marty Hurney. I would rather have JR than these owners who stay in the news every week and make direct comments about their QB situation.

Clear as mud, since you said nobody was blaming him, I took that as nobody.

Like the word means.

ok this is absolutely petty and a complete waste of time but for some reason when a dumb ass insists repeatedly that he is a smart ass I get motivated.

It's clear you read what you wanted and stopped reading when you wanted. Here is the complete sentence that has you so bamboozled below for your review. Just for your information in the English language and every other f-cking language the entire sentence must be read for the entire thought conveyed by the author to be received by the reader. Just a little hint for you there as we proceed. Oh, and since you like to embolden things to make your point, like the point that you apparently only read half the f-cking sentence and pounced at the off chance for you to be right, I have emboldened the part that lends to my point which is that all of the hurney-whiners were not hurney-whiners this summer. Hopefully this helps you and some other folks who take the time to read along.

Hurney has his issues but nobosy was riding his ass before opening day against the bux like they all are now

ok this is absolutely petty and a complete waste of time but for some reason when a dumb ass insists repeatedly that he is a smart ass I get motivated.

It's clear you read what you wanted and stopped reading when you wanted. Here is the complete sentence that has you so bamboozled below for your review. Just for your information in the English language and every other f-cking language the entire sentence must be read for the entire thought conveyed by the author to be received by the reader. Just a little hint for you there as we proceed. Oh, and since you like to embolden things to make your point, like the point that you apparently only read half the f-cking sentence and pounced at the off chance for you to be right, I have emboldened the part that lends to my point which is that all of the hurney-whiners were not hurney-whiners this summer. Hopefully this helps you and some other folks who take the time to read along.

It is petty that you can't just accept that you wrote the sentence wrong.

Nobody is not the same as most folks, very few folks, almost nobody, etc.

You plainly said that nobody was riding his ass before the bucs game like everybody is doing now.

That is plainly not true. There are plenty of us who have been riding his ass for a very long time, the bucs game just caused more and more to join in.

Don't get your panties in a wad. I was just pointing out that there is a large segment of our fanbase that have been calling for Hurney to be fired for a long time. (yes even before the bucs game)

Archived