• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrew Luck

King Taharqa

...despite their QB having more TOs than TDs and one of the worst passer ratings in the league. Theres something to be said about coaching, defense, and fan support.

Ehhhh I don't know about that

Coaching - Absolutely Yes... though I have watched some Indy games I have not watched enough to really comment on their coaching, but I doubt it is on the level with ours in terms of disappointment. I would guess our coaching has to be some of the worst in the league.

Defense - Don't agree... Their defense is worst than ours in terms of points and yards per game... Also they are dead last in the league with only 3 takeaways!! The next worst team has more than double with 7 takeaways. We have more sacks than indy. Now Indy has slightly better 3rd down defensive % but Indy is also next to last in the league in defensive penalty yards where we have the 3rd fewest. So with that being said and looking at our talent compared to theirs, there is no way I take their defense over ours or believe their defense has out performed ours.

Fan Support - This can be subjective... I'm not in indy, on their boards, and talking with other fans so I can;t speak on their fan support... But I don't think Luck nor Cam Needs Fan support to be successful or to make their play better. If they need the fans behind them to perform well, then I don't think they should be a QB in the NFL. I don't think fan support effects these players in anyway, nor do I think it should.

It's simple. Do I think Luck will get there, in time, with some improvements on his team? Yes. I do think he can be a successful QB in this league. I've seen him make a few FANTASTIC throws. That being said, he's thrown some pure poo passes and made some very bad decisions with the football as well. He gets the rookie-pass this season, as long as he corrects them before next season.

Do I think he is worthy of the hype or do I think there is even a discussion about who is PLAYING better football right now between Luck and RGIII? Hell. No. RGIII is flat out balling. Forget the stats, just look at play. RGIII is just outplaying Luck right now. Watch their tape side-by-side, you'll see superior play on RGIII's end. The stats support that, but again, fug stats, just look at the play of these two.

Luck will be a good, hell, maybe even great QB if he just corrects some of his decision making and if Indy gets him more weapons. However, he's not worthy of being called anything other than "a rookie QB" until he shows us something more. We've seen flashes, let's make those flashes become the norm for his play, and then we'll talk.

Guest Super_Freak

RGIII is playing ok i guess. Needs to step it up. Cost the Redskins a couple victories with his fumbling and ints. Washington should have a winning record but those mistakes hurt. If he continues to struggle i wouldn't mind seeing Cousins start.

RGIII is playing ok i guess. Needs to step it up. Cost the Redskins a couple victories with his fumbling and ints. Washington should have a winning record but those mistakes hurt. If he continues to struggle i wouldn't mind seeing Cousins start.

What was he thinking in letting victor Cruz beat him deep on that TD??

Guest Super_Freak

What was he thinking in letting victor Cruz beat him deep on that TD??

No fumbles or ints and it never would have come to that.

i hate they only compare white QB busts to guys like Leaf, Couch, Carr etc. it's soooo not fair.

Difference is that most white QBs don't get called busts on draft day (or even in their 2nd or 3rd season for that matter), other than The Golden Calf of Bristol because of his awful throwing motion. Cam has had to deal with Jamarcus Russell comparisons from day one (still haven't heard a good reason for that one), and now Vince Young. Sam Bradford, Jake Locker, and Blaine Gabbert have been largely underwhelming given their draft position to this point in their career, but I never hear any of those guys get compared to Tim Couch, David Carr, JP Losman, etc.

Edit: Seriously, re-reading Grits' post about Cousins should be starting over RG3 = lol

Archived