• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King lists potential NFL Head Coaches for 2013

Dpantherman

Harbough has obviously worked out, but I think that is more an exception to the rule.

I hope we go after someone that has head coaching experience. People around the league were high on Rivera being head coach material, but turns out he has mismanaged games worse than 12 year olds on Madden, and I'm not even being facetious.

Harbaugh isn't the exception as he shouldn't be grouped with college coaches. Look at his background, not just the last place he worked and I think Shaw fits that same billing.

Brought in from another thread:

Arians would be my first choice, and it wouldn't even be close.

But, if I had to choose a guy that's second on my list (which I'm excluding Shaw from, because that's too unrealistic), I'd love to have Wade Phillips. I know, I know, it's Wade Phillips. But, trust me, the dude's defenses are unreal good. He's coached in the highest pressure place (Dallas), and he has a winning record in the regular season (maybe a real QB like Cam could get him over the hump in the playoffs).

Also, Wade Phillips could bring in some freakin' awesome coordinators. Guys like John Benton as OC (the current OL coach for the Texans and a fuging awesome zone-run schemer) and Reggie Herring as DC (the Texans' LB coach and a guy that has learned under Phillips for years now)

Archived