• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you that want to cut Jordan Gross...

Awesomeness!!

Gross is past his prime and we have already paid big money to too many past their prime players. Gross and Gamble will afford us the most cap relief through a restructuring or an out right release. So as much as i hate to say it, they gotta go. I've been a huge Gross and Gamble supporter over the years but its time to realize that our team has very few legitimate core players and the rest must be weeded out and replaced. This will take awhile.

Jordan is not a top 5 tackle anymore. He is definitely paid more than he is worth. All that being said, some of the misinformation in this thread is over the top. Some examples follow:

No he's not...he's a middle grade LT coming off a major injury that is getting paid 8.5 million this year.

Coming off what major injury? And he got paid a lot more than 8.5 million this year.

If we can get him to not commit 33 false starts and holding penalties a game, then he might be useful.

I'll bet Gross has 6 or fewer penalties for the whole year. I can remember maybe 4 off the top of my head. In any case, he is not a highly penalized player.

would be like an 8mil cap hit if we cut him next year

Gross has a cap charge of $11.7 million next year, with only $1 million in signing bonus that hasn't already hit the cap. So we could knock around $10 million off our cap if he were replaced.

Gross has a cap charge of $11.7 million next year, with only $1 million in signing bonus that hasn't already hit the cap. So we could knock around $10 million off our cap if he were replaced.

You may be right, cap stuff is kinda confusing. Did find this, I would assume misc bonuses are not guaranteed. In that case, he was only guaranteed $5 million total, which is actually pretty good.

http://www.spotrac.c...s/jordan-gross/

Archived