• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kuechly considered on "Ray Lewis level" by some evaluators

Gabeking

Article is mainly about manti te'o and how he projects to the NFL but of course there are kuechly comparisons in here also, but this blurb caught my eye.

One agreement here from the evaluators is that while Kuechly might not have been the superior college player, he was a better prospect than Te'o. The Carolina Panthers rookie, they say, has better range, better top-end speed, more position flexibility, and even better instincts (Kuechly was considered on the Ray Lewis level there), in addition to being taller (Kuechly is 6-foot-3, 235 pounds; Te'o is 6-2, 255).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107240/article/manti-teo-of-notre-dame-projects-as-longterm-linebacker-in-nfl

That's some high-ass praise if you ask me!

Sure he does. He's a big big man. Did you see the picture of him next to the NC highschool linebacker that won the defensive player of the year for the Carolinas? He's like a foot taller than that kid.

no i didn't see that picture. i mean i can believe he's that tall, but just seeing pictures of him with his build, he looks like a regular guy who works out a lot.

dude is gonna light it up.

Archived