• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pay Help

Paintballr

I don't post here much anymore but was hoping to get some advice or help with anyone who is familiar with HR or pay etc at jobs. I won't name the previous employer but I worked for them the past 3 1/2 years. It's a major electronics retailer that isn't doing very well so I left the company for a more stable job. I quit sept. 17th.

I was able to receive two types of bonus while working, a monthly bonus based off revenue, and a quarterly bonus based off my stores P&L and revenue. The Quarter 3 for thus company is from August-October. So left exactly half way in the quarter. I have many friends that still work and have told me they received a bonus for this quarter. So I called HR to ask why I didn't receive a pro rated bonus for my time at the store and my departments performance etc. they stated that I had to be in position till November 3rd(first day of quarter 4) to receive any kind of bonus. From what they always engraved in your head is that time work = time paid and I should receive a bonus based off my time and performance at the store. I did sign job offer forms when I got promoted to a manager, but I never signed a document going over m bonus structure and that if I don't finish the quarter I won't receive any. I asked HR to send the document that stats that and they just said "it's available on our website for employees to access and read, it's not a signed document".

Am I fighting a lost cause or should I contact my store etc? 25% bonus would be nice right about now.

Yeah it's best buy, just feel like I want to get back as much as they owe me. For people who said I didn't earn it, I was a sale manager for computers, tablets, and mp3. August is tax free weekend which is 80% my departments, my department is the only reason why they would bonus hah

Its a BONUS you quit honestly you dont deserve it. What if you quit two weeks prior to the end of the quarter. Then they did 50 million in sales, do you still deserve the bonus? Since it could go either way when someone quits mid-quarter they are right and you are wrong. I personally think it was petty to even ask.

I don't post here much anymore but was hoping to get some advice or help with anyone who is familiar with HR or pay etc at jobs. I won't name the previous employer but I worked for them the past 3 1/2 years. It's a major electronics retailer that isn't doing very well so I left the company for a more stable job. I quit sept. 17th.

I was able to receive two types of bonus while working, a monthly bonus based off revenue, and a quarterly bonus based off my stores P&L and revenue. The Quarter 3 for thus company is from August-October. So left exactly half way in the quarter. I have many friends that still work and have told me they received a bonus for this quarter. So I called HR to ask why I didn't receive a pro rated bonus for my time at the store and my departments performance etc. they stated that I had to be in position till November 3rd(first day of quarter 4) to receive any kind of bonus. From what they always engraved in your head is that time work = time paid and I should receive a bonus based off my time and performance at the store. I did sign job offer forms when I got promoted to a manager, but I never signed a document going over m bonus structure and that if I don't finish the quarter I won't receive any. I asked HR to send the document that stats that and they just said "it's available on our website for employees to access and read, it's not a signed document".

Am I fighting a lost cause or should I contact my store etc? 25% bonus would be nice right about now.

random question, was this at the concord mills store?

Archived