• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One more mock before the Combine

Dash Global

Love doing these things.

Side note ~ I want us to some how get into the 3rd and draft DE Margus Hunt. Dude is a freak athlete.

1st Round: WR 6'3 205 Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee

Been mocking this guy in the 2nd but there is no way in hell he isnt taken in the 1st. Dude is just a freak athlete with insane big play / YAC skills.

2nd Round: 6'5 OG/OT Dallas Thomas Tennessee

6_570600.jpg

I want Barret Jones here, but I dont think he will be around. Like Jones, Thomas is versatile and can play guard and tackle. Tennessee allowed the fewest sacks in the SEC.

4th Round: TE 6'5 245 Ryan Otten San Jose State

940x.jpg

Athletic TE with alot of potential. 44 catches 706 yrds 16 YPC which is top in the NCAA for TEs with 40 or more receptions.

5th Round: DT 6'3 330 Montori Hughes Tennessee-Martin

utfootball001.jpg

I really like this guy late. I doubt he will still be under the radar after the combine. Was a highly rated prep player with a short stint at Tennessee before being dismissed from the team in 2009 then enrolled in Tennessee-Martin.

6th Round: CB/S 6'3 191 Melvin "MJ' White Louisiana-Lafayette

Melvin-White1.jpg

Like this guy as a under the radar prospect from a small school. Big athletic and fast DB that played both S and CB for the Ragin Cajuns.

Like Swagga said it a couple days ago, it does really seem like some people just copy others on mocks and doesn't put a lot of thought on it.

One person mocked a Patterson in the 1st, a Hughes in the late, and talk about a Hunt on a previous thread and you could clearly expect to see something like that pretty soon.

If Patterson puts on a show at the combine, I'd think his season performance would be strong enough it wouldn't be considered a fluke. If this happens, and Star and Hankins are gone, I wouldn't mind him in the first as long as we get a DT in the 2nd.

Alot of 1st round DTs dont pan out or take awhile to develop. Better off getting a DT late with potential along with a vet stop gap. When drafting someone other than a top 5 man child DT.

We have to many holes that can be immediately shored up in the 2nd round imo, rather than drafting a developmental DT.

Archived