• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Years Eve in Charlotte

pdub0702

Hey,

I'll be spending New Years in Charlotte with my buddy from the U.K and my girlfriend. I've only been Charlotte twice (panthers games) I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations as far as good places to spend New Year's Eve? Preferably a nice bar/irish pub type place

Just walk around and follow the crowds. I'm sure there will be some bar crawls going on.

This is horrible advice.

Most places are going to have a pre-order ticket sale ($70-$100) for an open bar and appetizers. A lot of those places are probably sold out by now.

Any place you will be able to get into will probably have an outrageous cover and long lines for drinks. Not to mention the people inside of the clubs/bars that allow people in without a pre-ordered ticket are probably folks you don't want to hang out with if ya catch my drift.

My advice to you is do some research man. You might want to look at places like Kennedys and the Elizabeth area and jump on some of those NYE ticket deals. If you just go downtown and start walking around you're prob gonna have a disappointing night. You might be a subject to random acts of violence too.

This is horrible advice.

Most places are going to have a pre-order ticket sale ($70-$100) for an open bar and appetizers. A lot of those places are probably sold out by now.

Any place you will be able to get into will probably have an outrageous cover and long lines for drinks. Not to mention the people inside of the clubs/bars that allow people in without a pre-ordered ticket are probably folks you don't want to hang out with if ya catch my drift.

My advice to you is do some research man. You might want to look at places like Kennedys and the Elizabeth area and jump on some of those NYE ticket deals. If you just go downtown and start walking around you're prob gonna have a disappointing night. You might be a subject to random acts of violence too.

This^^

Lived in Charlotte 15 years and I used to go uptown for NYE years ago, but it progressively got worse and worse for all the reasons stated here.

IF you really really have to go up town for lack of options/imagination. Then hit Ri-Ra's or Connolly's EARLY EARLY, post up at the bar and stay there!

Archived