• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera may be gone today

Darknight

rivera = status quo = job safety

of course they want to keep him

what they think shouldn't factor into this, they aren't paid to make those decisions

i suspect most of them can barely read

General Custer's men fought their tails off. Does not mean the leadership put them in a position to do otherwise---

These guys are pros with high character. Most know only 1 way to play. Giving Rivera credit for that is like giving him credit for teaching them to walk.

If they QUIT playing hard, then it becomes a factor.

(I agree)

I'm still saying that 2011 put Rivera way behind as an HC....Cam salvaged that year by playing lights out with a taylor made playbook...remember, he looked horrible in pre-season.....now 2012 comes on, Chud craps the bed....Rivera works the D and mistakenly leaves Chud to sink or swim....Hurney fired and we get chaos.....players stick with Rivera, and we seem to be turning the corner with few personel changes...

rivera = status quo = job safety

of course they want to keep him

what they think shouldn't factor into this, they aren't paid to make those decisions

i suspect most of them can barely read

Our owner is a former player....nobody is more or less safe after the GM goes out...If I were a GM, I'd care a lot about what employees think about their boss.

Drafting Luke, maintaining high character and the state of the San Diego Chargers may have saved his and Chud's job this year. Not to mention it seems the players like him, but that's actually what worries me. Players' coaches rarely if ever win Championships.

If he gets fired I doubt it will be until a new GM shows up. The sad part is if he goes, Rivera's probably more valuable now than he was when he first came here. We allowed him to spend 2 seasons with this team learning how to manage a football game and learn the HC position and in all fairness to him, he's shown improvement. If he goes, I wouldn't want any of the guys that got fired anyway. I'd want a college coach.

Players' coaches rarely if ever win Championships.

Unless it's Tomlin or Dungy or Payton or Cowher or Vermeil or Jimmy Johnson or Joe Gibbs or Bill Walsh or Chuck Knoll or Mike Ditka.....

or anyone but Coughlin and maybe Belichick

Drafting Luke, maintaining high character and the state of the San Diego Chargers may have saved his and Chud's job this year. Not to mention it seems the players like him, but that's actually what worries me. Players' coaches rarely if ever win Championships.

If he gets fired I doubt it will be until a new GM shows up. The sad part is if he goes, Rivera's probably more valuable now than he was when he first came here. We allowed him to spend 2 seasons with this team learning how to manage a football game and learn the HC position and in all fairness to him, he's shown improvement. If he goes, I wouldn't want any of the guys that got fired anyway. I'd want a college coach.

Case in point - Romeo Crennel.

Archived