• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Cars for 2013

stirs

It's weird seeing the blue 2 as a Ford

eh, not for me. It was a Ford before it was a Dodge. But I am sad to see dodge leaving NASCAR, one has to wonder what their Charger would have looked like. And actually they had a 2013 Charger trimmed out and all ready to go before they pulled the plug.

They haven't been stock for decades, though. What models of today's production cars would people pay to see race anyway?

At least these look more like the showroom model than the last several attempts.

I realise they haven't been stock for decades. That's not my point. If they're going to race these roll cages with sheet metal they should consider not calling them "stock" cars. As for what models, people are watching the sheet metal versions of the fusion, ss and camry now. What's the difference between that and the monte carlo or thunderbird? or torino, charger and roadrunner? two doors? It used to matter what brand of car you raced, hell the manufacturers used to get points and a trophy at the end of the season not to mention the notariety of winning a nascar championship. Now they are so close to being the same car its not even funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived