• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hue Jackson to be interviewed on monday.

Gabeking

La Confora was one of the "Beane is expected to interview, don't rule out Beane, don't be surprised if it's Beane" guys. He probably just has some preconception that the Panthers are the type of team to promote from within and isn't going by any source on it.

Beat me to it.

I've begun to wonder if h get his Panthers info from Yasinskas.

Hmmmm I don't how I feel about that

Don't worry, he did.

Mr. Scott was just making fun of Yasinkas who reported he did not have college scouting experience (along with repeatedly spelling his name wrong). Don't worry, Gettleman's credentials are as good as any GM in the league.

Don't worry, he did.

Mr. Scott was just making fun of Yasinkas who reported he did not have college scouting experience (along with repeatedly spelling his name wrong). Don't worry, Gettleman's credentials are as good as any GM in the league.

Yas has been off a lot about the Panthers lately. He's a horrible NFC South reporter.

Yep.

Anyone else remember a while back I posted a thread (concerning perceptions of Cam Newton) saying that some in the media aren't interested enough / don't care enough about the Panthers to work all that hard on fact checking the stories they write?

I present to the court the preceding evidence...

Yep.

Anyone else remember a while back I posted a thread (concerning perceptions of Cam Newton) saying that some in the media aren't interested enough / don't care enough about the Panthers to work all that hard on fact checking the stories they write?

I present to the court the preceding evidence...

Yeah but a lot of those are in the national media and have little to no local knowledge whatsoever of our franchise.

Pat Yasinkas on the other hand does not have that excuse. I don't know why anyone even posts his articles.

Sports reporters today are so worried about getting the story out first they don't check anything or as we've seen even bother to spell people's names correctly. I think half of them just make things up based on something having a possibility being true. Like knowing Steve Smith is getting up there in age and reported that inside sources say Smith considering retirement and his present contract with the Panthers could be his last.

It's gotten beyond stupid.

I'll grant that when it comes to screwing things up, it's not just the Panthers. We're just one of the more common victims (though I'll grant that could be perception).

There's stuff like the annual event of some "source" saying Bill Cowher wants to coach again, followed up yearly by Cowher himself saying "no I don't".

Like I said in the prior thread, sports journalism barely even exists anymore. All we have is sports talk.

Archived