• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio criticizes Gettleman hire, calls it "dog and pony show"

Gabeking

I dont think so. Ive heard him say on different occasions the Giants.

nah...the giants maybe recently, but for years it was the steelers.

this was in '08 but i could probably find more.

As to the substance of his postseason meeting with Fox and Hurney, Richardson said their goals were simple. Since he's come into the league, he's long expressed admiration for the Rooney family, which owns the Pittsburgh Steelers.

He said he wants to run his stadium the way they do, his organization the way they do, so it follows he wants his team to look like theirs.

"We want to be a physical team," Richardson said. "And we want to be able to run the ball, stop the run, and if you do those two things, you're likely going to have opportunities to exploit the passing game, specifically with Steve (Smith). We always want to be good on special teams.

"You know how I feel about the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Rooney family. I would like for the Carolina Panthers and our team and the way we operate our team to emulate the Pittsburgh Steelers, and John and Marty know that. That's the best example I can give them."

Gentlemen was right about one thing and that is something Florio ingnored....his age. It factors in to why he didn't get other looks. Florio is suggesting no other interviews means he isn't as qualified

agreed. his age and his lack of self promotion.

he works. that's pretty much all he does. there's quite a few people in the corporate world who are the more quailified for upper management positions that get bypassed because others are better at marketing themselves.

in fact that can be said about any rank in most organizations.

agreed. his age and his lack of self promotion.

he works. that's pretty much all he does. there's quite a few people in the corporate world who are the more quailified for upper management positions that get bypassed because others are better at marketing themselves.

in fact that can be said about any rank in most organizations.

Plus, in most industries...people tend not to look at the dinosaurs. Gentlemen was right about that...he needed a team willing to open up his age bracket as potential hires

This isn't thread worthy so ill just post it here for my own personal satisfaction, but mainly for the theismann lulz

28928AAD-A96E-4C30-A98D-CF36ACC29120-6056-0000030B576D7352.jpg

I love how he is lingering on the first half of cam's season like all of his critics and isn't willing to mention how much he actually matured in the last half(not saying he doesn't have more room to grow, obviously)... Another guy who is just digging out the negatives and ignoring the positives

This isn't thread worthy so ill just post it here for my own personal satisfaction, but mainly for the theismann lulz

28928AAD-A96E-4C30-A98D-CF36ACC29120-6056-0000030B576D7352.jpg

I love how he is lingering on the first half of cam's season like all of his critics and isn't willing to mention how much he actually matured in the last half(not saying he doesn't have more room to grow, obviously)... Another guy who is just digging out the negatives and ignoring the positives

washed up former players + twitter = dumbass comments

Archived