• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio criticizes Gettleman hire, calls it "dog and pony show"

Gabeking

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/26/accorsi-said-he-didnt-play-favorites-with-gettleman/

When former Giants G.M. Ernie Accorsi was hired to help the Panthers find a new G.M., the first name that popped up in league circles as the prime candidate was Giants executive Dave Gettleman, given his relationship and friendship with Accorsi. And even though Gettleman wasn’t even interviewed for any of the other G.M. openings in the current hiring cycle, he won the dog-and-pony show in Charlotte.

People can criticize all they want though, I still think he was a great hire.

florio makes some inflammatory remark about a franchise, large/active fan forum quotes it and links it back to him...florio gets what he wants. more traffic. more link juice power.

Like I said, negativity is good for business in this type of media. Just look around.

Hey look. We went with Rivera who had been passed over 10 times (or whatever it was). Why were we the ones to pull the trigger?

I think Gettleman looks great on paper and it will be 5 years before we can evaluate him.

5 years? This board will be calling for his head if we lose the first game next year.

Archived