• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who else remembers...

Mr. Scot

I just remember the vibe around Charlotte in general. There was support everywhere. I remember driving by the stadium a week before the game and there were people having their picture taken with all the statues. I miss that vibe around the city the most.

I think I watched every special that week and every pre game show that day....

But the two things that stick out in my head and who knows why were I think it was Letterman made a joke about bringing a Die Hard Panther's fan up on stage and no one showed up so John Boy and Billy bought a Billboard across the street from his studio that said something to the effect of GO PANTHERS!

And Nelly (Whom I hate) being asked who would win the game and his response was... "Ker-er-lina"

Random but that's what I remember pre-game. I also remember being in college at UNCW and the very next morning getting out of the car and some D-bag got out of his truck with a Pat's jersey on.... I yelled at him the whole way across the parking lot.

...the anticipation you felt leading up to Super Bowl XXXVIII?

I remember feeling like a kid the week before Christmas. Day couldn't get here fast enough.

I just remember the vibe around Charlotte in general. There was support everywhere. I remember driving by the stadium a week before the game and there were people having their picture taken with all the statues. I miss that vibe around the city the most.

I had just moved back to Charlotte (grew up here) and I was really happy about that, so for me the anticipation of the game was double on top of that. I went to rallies downtown, at bars, there was Panthers stuff all over the city. It was great. Damn, now I'm sad.

Archived