• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today's watercooler discussion

Hawk

My friend was telling me that she doesn't spank her kid anymore, she waits until her husband gets home b/c he hits her back..he's 5 btw

um..WTF!!?!?!?

Didn't we have a thread on this not too long ago?

We weren't big spankers except in the question of major disrespect or dangerous activity...

My oldest pushed my youngest down the stairs... I whipped his ass good for that one.

Once they get a certain age, spanking is ineffective... but under about 10 it works in the proper situations.

Kids are not born with manners, they have to be taught and practiced repeatedly & at an early age forward. I used to get many compliments on my children using Sir, Ma'am, Mr., Misses, please & thank you. It's really not hard if you start them early. Usually good behavior will follow but good discipline insures that it will.

Good parents in this thread,

I have left a restaurant before when the kiddie factor was crazy. I told the manager it was a Friday night after a long week, we wanted a quiet dinner, and that I understood "kids will be kids" but I couldn't stand the noise and whining and slobbering and yelling.

What kind of world is this when you can't take your lovely wife to Chuckie Cheese anymore,,,,

We usually don't take our kid places that aren't family friendly. She's been taught from an early age to not cut a fool. She knows we will leave, I don't care if we just got there or of we are in the middle of our meal, one of us would take her out and the other would get our meal to go and pay. She knows the rules and all I have to do is give her the stink eye and she'll straighten up.

I'd rather pay extra money not to sit to a fatass that is going to compromise my comfort.

A low/ healthy BMI section would be nice.

Really though there could be a fat section with bigger, reinforced seats and longer seatbelts. The airlines already make you pay extra for a seatbelt extender, it cant be that much more embarrassing. Plus, lets be honest, there are a lot of people who board an airplane who simply dont fit in the seat. Not trying to be offensive, but it looks very uncomfortable for both the fat person and the people on either side

A low/ healthy BMI section would be nice.

Really though there could be a fat section with bigger, reinforced seats and longer seatbelts. The airlines already make you pay extra for a seatbelt extender, it cant be that much more embarrassing. Plus, lets be honest, there are a lot of people who board an airplane who simply dont fit in the seat. Not trying to be offensive, but it looks very uncomfortable for both the fat person and the people on either side

Airplanes are engineered to fit as many people as possible. There is a reason plane designs take years and billions of dollars. Everything is designed to be as efficient as possible.

If you start making seats wider, planes will carry less people. If you try to charge fat people more for plane seats some will quietly accept it while others will make a big deal of it and either refuse to pay the cost and sit in a regular seat or go on a crusade to stop the "discriminatory" practice.

It's already starting. I remember seeing a lady on the news a few years ago raising hell because the airline wouldn't let her fly because she was too big for a seat and there were no extra seats for her to purchase. She was like "there is no reason the airlines can't just make seats bigger." At that point I realized she was a complete idiot and disregarded everything else she had to say.

If fat activists are successful, then everyone will be forced to subsidize obesity when they travel. I'm not cool with that because we're already subsidizing them in healthcare in a way. Obesity related diseases are straining the healthcare system.

Archived