• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Touchdown Scorer's(case for going WR early in draft).

panther4life

for those complaining about the oline there is very good talent to be found in the 2nd round. WR in the 1st, OT is the 2nd, and a OG in free agency would make this offense explosive

From my perspective,There is more WR talent in the second than OL talent that can start day 1. At 14, you have to question Patterson's rawness and Allen's rather limited straight line speed. You do not, however, question Chance Warmack the same way.

In the second round, you should have players like Justin Hunter, Quinton Patton, DaRick Rogers, Robert Woods, Terrence Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, etc.

I see Allen, Patterson, and possibly Austin as the only first rounders, even though one or two of the names above will slip into the round.

i'm sorry but isn't this the same reasoning that the falcons used when they got julio jones and we made fun of them for it when they had other glaring needs that needed to be addressed? Don't get me wrong, we need another WR, but we need more help on the lines than anything else in my opinion. truth be told, olsen is our #2 receiver, and a damn good one at that. if we can find a gem, i say go for it, but otherwise, I'd prefer we address DT or OL.

not the same thing. we made fun of them because they traded up and gave up so much. we aren't talking about trading up, we're talking about taking one where we are in the first or second round.

and about us laughing at the falcons for giving up so much, how many games have they won the last couple years because of that passing game? oh yeah...

While nearly all of the WRs are a bit raw in places, I think this is a very good year to find a #1 WR in the draft. Having said that, I think we need to address the OL in a huge way. Does that mean with the first pick? Not necessarily.

In round 1, I think we have to take Lane Johnson or Chance Warmack if they are on the board. Johnson improves RT until Gross proves he can no longer handle LT. If they are gone, then I say you have to go WR, CB, or DT. There are no CBs after Milliner worth #14. I think that Allen and Patterson are probably going to show why they are worth a mid first round selection in Indy.

Looking at the draft's second round, it would be hard to let a WR silp by if you did not take one in the first. On the other hand, that is where the CBs who could step in an play are too.

Trading down is the best plan.

Here are the WRs who could become #1s:

Allen

Patterson

Patton

Rogers

Hopkins

Woods

Hunter

Williams

These should be very good #2 WRs with an outside shot of developing into a #1:

King

Dobson

Austin

Stills

These should be solid pros:

Swope

Harper

Bailey

Vernon

Matthews

However, common sense says you do not shop for another WR while the OL is in shambles. Protect Cam, the passing game gets better. Improve the run game, the passing game gets better. Add a WR, you do not protect Cam or improve the run game.

SLEEPER WR PROSPECTS: Mellette (Elon), Swope (Tex A&M), Vernon (Duke) and Matthews (Vandy).

If you make your decision by watching these Big 12 offenses that rack up 55 points per game and 650 yards of offense, you are certain to be disappointed. The Tennessee boys (Hunter, Patterson, Rogers) are good because Bray was often erratic and they played SEC defenses. I do not know what to think of Bailey and Austin, for example, because they were in that WV offense and their conference that seems to have banned recruiting defensive players in or around 2004.

lol banning defense..

i dont think matthews is coming out this year from vandy.

i'm sorry but isn't this the same reasoning that the falcons used when they got julio jones and we made fun of them for it when they had other glaring needs that needed to be addressed? Don't get me wrong, we need another WR, but we need more help on the lines than anything else in my opinion. truth be told, olsen is our #2 receiver, and a damn good one at that. if we can find a gem, i say go for it, but otherwise, I'd prefer we address DT or OL.

looking back on that draft trade, who got the better deal?

Julio Jones or Brandon Weeden. we flamed them for it, but WR is a huge need and if one is the bpa at 14 he will be taken.

not the same thing. we made fun of them because they traded up and gave up so much. we aren't talking about trading up, we're talking about taking one where we are in the first or second round.

and about us laughing at the falcons for giving up so much, how many games have they won the last couple years because of that passing game? oh yeah...

Exactly.

Cam needs another weapon. All this is pendant on what happens in FA. Go for Dwayne Bowe or Mike Wallace and draft Chance Warmack?

Exactly.

Cam needs another weapon. All this is pendant on what happens in FA. Go for Dwayne Bowe or Mike Wallace and draft Chance Warmack?

the guy in your sig was well worth what you guys gave up for him. our money is tight but hopefully Gettleman can bring in WR or he will draft one early.

yeah its no number 1 wr worth taking lol then when a guy from the later rounds like cruz becomes a star everyone will be mad. lol

you can tell some guys on here listen to scouts. just because it does not seem like there is not no 1 wr does not mean it is true....

yeah its no number 1 wr worth taking lol then when a guy from the later rounds like cruz becomes a star everyone will be mad. lol

you can tell some guys on here listen to scouts. just because it does not seem like there is not no 1 wr does not mean it is true....

Steve Smith wasn't a #1 per his draft....neither were many others.

There isn't a Megatron in every draft. You don't have to stay away bc there isn't a freak.

I still think the 2nd round is where we hope for a WR but the more I think of it that might be the best spot to ****** a good S prospect. Very good S class

Steve Smith wasn't a #1 per his draft....neither were many others.

There isn't a Megatron in every draft. You don't have to stay away bc there isn't a freak.

I still think the 2nd round is where we hope for a WR but the more I think of it that might be the best spot to ****** a good S prospect. Very good S class

Very good defensive class in general. Outside of ILB.

From my perspective,There is more WR talent in the second than OL talent that can start day 1. At 14, you have to question Patterson's rawness and Allen's rather limited straight line speed. You do not, however, question Chance Warmack the same way.

In the second round, you should have players like Justin Hunter, Quinton Patton, DaRick Rogers, Robert Woods, Terrence Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, etc.

I see Allen, Patterson, and possibly Austin as the only first rounders, even though one or two of the names above will slip into the round.

the only shot you have at a OT worth taking at 14 is Lane Johnson, he's the only one that has a shot to make it that far

I am not against getting WR in the first round as long as he is polished enough to be worthy of a 1st Round pick. That would mean he is ready to START game 1. I don't want the best WR in this draft if he doesn't meet the criteria for a first round WR.

I don't care if he can run 4.1. I want to know he can catch in traffic, run a good route and produce starting game 1. If any WR is not polished enough to do this. He is not worthy of the first round pick.

We cannot waste our first pick on a player that is going to be ready in 2014 or 2015.

I am not against getting WR in the first round as long as he is polished enough to be worthy of a 1st Round pick. That would mean he is ready to START game 1. I don't want the best WR in this draft if he doesn't meet the criteria for a first round WR.

I don't care if he can run 4.1. I want to know he can catch in traffic, run a good route and produce starting game 1. If any WR is not polished enough to do this. He is not worthy of the first round pick.

We cannot waste our first pick on a player that is going to be ready in 2014 or 2015.

Keenan Allen can do all those things. Dont know why he is talked down so much.

Archived