• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Bungie game: Destiny

Doc Holiday

Think I'm going to pick this up for my ps4 today or tomorrow

Do it.

You won't regret it, the game is one of, if not, the most addicting games ever.

Unless you get a strategy guide you'll have a few questions about leveling up, upgraging , ect. Nothing you can't figure out though.

After you get to level 25 hit me up we can do some strikes.

Vtbs83 on Psn.

Think I'm going to pick this up for my ps4 today or tomorrow

If you like Shooters with RPG elements, and you don't mind scraping weapons and armor about every three months, then Destiny is a great game.  Destiny is a GRINDER game though.  You'll be doing things over and over, but I still enjoy the crap out of it.

I love the moment to moment.  The PVP is fun to me, even though I am TERRIBLE.  Shooting the heads of enemies is so much fun.  Heck, last night I actually had a few minutes to play so I hopped on and did the daily story, a higher level version of a mission you do much earlier.  It seems in the 8 days or so that I hadn't played, I forgot how to aim.  I died several times because I was aiming and shooting at the ground and rocks!  But it was still fun.  Hilarious when a Thrall would sneak up on me!  I was so sloppy but I managed it!

Oh, and I would skip the Bungie.net forums.   They are mostly a cespool (where I post too much!) of negativity...I need to stay way but I can't!

• 2 weeks later...

If you like Shooters with RPG elements, and you don't mind scraping weapons and armor about every three months, then Destiny is a great game. Destiny is a GRINDER game though. You'll be doing things over and over, but I still enjoy the crap out of it.

I love the moment to moment. The PVP is fun to me, even though I am TERRIBLE. Shooting the heads of enemies is so much fun. Heck, last night I actually had a few minutes to play so I hopped on and did the daily story, a higher level version of a mission you do much earlier. It seems in the 8 days or so that I hadn't played, I forgot how to aim. I died several times because I was aiming and shooting at the ground and rocks! But it was still fun. Hilarious when a Thrall would sneak up on me! I was so sloppy but I managed it!

Oh, and I would skip the Bungie.net forums. They are mostly a cespool (where I post too much!) of negativity...I need to stay way but I can't!

Reddits subreddit for destiny is pretty good imo

Damn that was insanely clutch to take down Crota there

Yeah, I was pretty stoked, mostly because we had been at it for two hours at that point and I just wanted it done ;)

This game has me way too hooked, I have a 32 warlock, 32 titan, and 31 warlock, 45 exotics (just need SUROS and Hard Light to finish my collection) and I still can't seem to play anything else :\

This game has me way too hooked, I have a 32 warlock, 32 titan, and 31 warlock, 45 exotics (just need SUROS and Hard Light to finish my collection) and I still can't seem to play anything else :

Between a wife, a 2 year old, and work I don't get to play as much as Id like to, but I can't play anything else either. The wife got me Farcry4 for Christmas and its still in the wrapper lol.

Destiny is so strange for me. I see all of it's shortcomings and completely understand all the criticism it gets. But whenever I have time to game, I find myself playing destiny. It's incredibly addicting and utilizes the same principles gambling does: i.e. flashing lights of exotic weapons and the random number generator for loot. Furthermore, one thing Bungie nailed is the gameplay. One of the best FPS games I have ever played. Say what you want about the story, the content, the DLC, hell even the lack of matchmaking for raids, but when you get into this game, I find it hard to get out. 

That's sucks, lvl 20 is where the game begins.

Yes, this can't be stated enough.  To me it's also where things got a lot more flexible regarding time/rewards as well.

Up to 20 you're just trying to get 20.  Once you're there, it's like a new game (sort of).  You have to play with others a lot more in order to get the better gear.  I just ground out my gear doing the daily story, public events, and the occasional strike.  That got me to 28 on the old vendor gear pretty quickly and easily.

Now I really enjoy hitting the Roc list for 2-3 strikes at a time.  I just did my first weekly heroic (sad right?  Thanks x1stMexicianx!), and attempted CE for the first time (we got carried by a 32, but was a really good learning experience!).  I look forward to the next time I can go take a crack at the raid.  I might try to LFG it this afternoon after I get out of this workshop!  

As I've said before, Destiny really plays to a specific audience.  If you are into investment games, then you'll love this game.  You get new toys, you level them, then you fight harder stuff, get more new toys, ect.  Then it peters out, you play something else for a while, then the next content drops and you do it again.  SOJA said it best when it was like Gambling!  Like with Xur's engrams when he has them...

I still love playing.  As soon as I get my 25 Strikes for Bad Juju done, I hope I can get my Thorn PVP stuff done as well.

Archived