• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Bungie game: Destiny

Doc Holiday

I wouldn't use 175 mark on it ...as of right now- there are much better ways to use those marks ...i.e. getting 280 armor from vendors first 

Yep, after thinking about it, I agree.  So I spend way to much time obsessing over Destiny through the b.net forums, reddit, youtube and podcasts (i know, I'm a addict) and what I've come to see is that nothing is worth it.  The game will get you the loot you need to get better.  Exotics are NICE but not necessary to be awesome.  The new legendary items and the infusion system will keep you well geared for the long run.

So only if I have all that I need on my now three TTK characters (used the spark on my 11 warlock, instant 25 with gear), then I'll save up marks for that.  From everyone who'se putting stuff out there, don't stress out about marks and stuff, just keep playing.  Legendary engrams seem to be dropping A LOT more often!

Slight update: I just did the 3rd TTK story mission......holy poo what an amazing story!  Great writing, wonderful visuals!  And some great surprises...like the one on the way to Cayde's stash....it's hilarious!  I wish I had more time to cruise through because I am having SO MUCH FUN again!

Yep, after thinking about it, I agree.  So I spend way to much time obsessing over Destiny through the b.net forums, reddit, youtube and podcasts (i know, I'm a addict) and what I've come to see is that nothing is worth it.  The game will get you the loot you need to get better.  Exotics are NICE but not necessary to be awesome.  The new legendary items and the infusion system will keep you well geared for the long run.

So only if I have all that I need on my now three TTK characters (used the spark on my 11 warlock, instant 25 with gear), then I'll save up marks for that.  From everyone who'se putting stuff out there, don't stress out about marks and stuff, just keep playing.  Legendary engrams seem to be dropping A LOT more often!

Slight update: I just did the 3rd TTK story mission......holy poo what an amazing story!  Great writing, wonderful visuals!  And some great surprises...like the one on the way to Cayde's stash....it's hilarious!  I wish I had more time to cruise through because I am having SO MUCH FUN again!

totally agree. the new strike system is so damn rewarding both in terms of loot and enjoyment 

My xbox gt is I WiLDxCARD I for people trying to fire team up. I got up to 245. Still trying to get geared enough to do heroics and the raid 

PSA: Want to get higher light?

Do missions, run strikes, etc. get engrams.

Now here's the important part: decode engrams one at a time, check to see if it has higher light than your current equipment and equip the highest choice. Even more: decode engrams correlated with your lowest level of light gear first

I have seen blue stuff as high as 297 (and I wouldn't be surprised if it could go higher than that)

I'm on xbox: GastricBeerpass, unfortunately I don't really have time to run the raid proper but man I would love to get a fireteam in together of people who wanted to try it blind. 

PSA: Want to get higher light?

Do missions, run strikes, etc. get engrams.

Now here's the important part: decode engrams one at a time, check to see if it has higher light than your current equipment and equip the highest choice. Even more: decode engrams correlated with your lowest level of light gear first

I have seen blue stuff as high as 297 (and I wouldn't be surprised if it could go higher than that)

I'm on xbox: GastricBeerpass, unfortunately I don't really have time to run the raid proper but man I would love to get a fireteam in together of people who wanted to try it blind. 

so you are saying do it one at a time equip the highest gear possible then decode the others and so on? I guess that makes sense because you have a chance to get higher gear then doing it all at once. Thanks for the tip. If you want to run strikes and court of oryx stuff I'm down. 

so you are saying do it one at a time equip the highest gear possible then decode the others and so on? I guess that makes sense because you have a chance to get higher gear then doing it all at once. Thanks for the tip. If you want to run strikes and court of oryx stuff I'm down. 

yes 100% I played 6 strikes and probably had about 10-15 engrams and jumped 20+ light levels 

using this trick I've gotten to 287 in a limited amount of gameplay - granted I did get lucky with a few really good pieces decoding 

yes 100% I played 6 strikes and probably had about 10-15 engrams and jumped 20+ light levels 

using this trick I've gotten to 287 in a limited amount of gameplay - granted I did get lucky with a few really good pieces decoding 

ok I'm going to use this trick when I get home and play. Hopefully we can run some heroics soon. Any tips on upgrading the sword fast? Mine is sitting at a sad 220

ok I'm going to use this trick when I get home and play. Hopefully we can run some heroics soon. Any tips on upgrading the sword fast? Mine is sitting at a sad 220

you can infuse with any weapon type or armor type of the same category

so let's say you get a blue machine gun that is a 267 and you already have one that is a 267. use one of them bad boys to upgrrade your sword. ALWAYS keep your highest light gear though so you can equip it when decoding engrams or opening packages (vanguard, crucible, gunsmith, factions, and rahool's gypsy ass)

also let's say you main hunter and for some reason a titan 290 piece drops for you (make three characters first of all) but secondly you can use that same armor category to infuse for any character you have 

I'm 272 now. I bought the exotic engram from the dude who is only there on Saturdays. I got a warlock helm but just dismantled for the shard

I'm 272 now. I bought the exotic engram from the dude who is only there on Saturdays. I got a warlock helm but just dismantled for the shard

nice - just a heads up you could use that item to infuse your helmet (assuming you don't run warlock) 

Archived