• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarvis Jones in the second?

BigEric

Rotoworld is saying that he'll likely fall to the 50's.. IF and I mean IF he's there and we find a way to move Anderson, would you look into it?

I know LB is the last thing we need next to QB and RB but... the guy was projected as a top 3 pick earlier in the season. I know we've dire needs at CB, DT, OT/G, and WR (maybe even S) but say we do nab Patterson, Milliner, Warmack, or any of the DTs, would you guys consider the idea of taking Jones?

Yes you take him.

You can't be sure that LB is a strength with Beason coming off injuries and TD being TD. It's a miracle he played last season, and there is a very real chance that both he and Beason could break down again.

Obviously it is hard to justify a LB in the 2nd with the names already on the roster and so many other holes to fill, but I would in no way hate the pick.

How many times have the Giants taken a defensive lineman in the last 10 years when it didn't seem like they needed to? Gettleman had to have learned something by that. Putting a talent like Jones next to Keuchly for the next decade seems like a no-brainer.

I would be nice to have a Von Miller type beside Luke.

You cannot always go the "safe" route and have to take chances but Jones is too big of one. You just don't know how long he's going to play. People tried making a deal out of the doctors approving him to play but that was never in doubt. Jones is a great player but that injury could spike up at anytime.

I wouldn't be bothered if we took him in the 2nd. Like I said, he is a great player and if healthy, I think he'd have went in the top ten. But if there are other guys on the board who have good tape, I'd take them over Jones. His injury is too serious.

if he fell that far, it might be interesting - gives a guy for the 3-4 set and he's a good player/rusher. But, other than that, and the chance he'd rush outside and push Hardy back in, that's about it. I know that some teams (SEA, SF) have made a killing on a first round situational player, but they don't have two ends that are 275+. Feels like the team needs a fulltime player that doesn't have a big concern that drops him a round, moreso than getting a tiny bit more value for 20-25 snaps and a possible mis-fit in the system.

Archived