• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tavon Austin = Percy Harvin

Millions

I admittedly haven't watched much of Austin but his vision and ability cut is lethal in space and he makes so many people miss. If he can run crisp clean routes and get separation in the passing game and give us a new wrinkle in the running game and Sproles like production catching out of the backfield and in the slot then he would not be a bad option at 14 but it really depends who is on the board.

One question, would the drafting of Tavon make DeAngelo expendable? I feel like adding him to our roster would boost both our run and passing game and give defenses another thing to game plan for. I remember Rivera a season or two ago saying he wanted a scat-back Sproles time player and Austin could be that guy.

Personally I want a big deep threat receiver like Patterson or someone in the second but Austin could fly up draft charts in the next couple months.

I say roll the dice on austin. We ve lacked great team speed for a while and having an elite guy who can make defense respect the long ball would be a good start. Look at how armanti get ran down punt return and you tell me that's the best returner we have? our team speed needs to get much better. Not to just say he's only good as a return man, lots of smaller guys are making an impact right now. I see austin as a more shifty deshawn jackson. He also fits that sproles/bush mold who can play in space and just creat match-up nightmares. This guy is one big splash play waiting to happen. say yes at 14,because he wont be around in the second...

a few observations:

the dude that made that video did an amazing job, even if the songs he chose sucked.

geno smith stares down receivers badly

Austin is about as close to Steve Smith on a highlight reel that I have seen come out of college. I'm not calling him the next steve, but the way they shake people is very similar, steve just has more power. I'm pretty impressed with that.

Archived