• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When will the Panthers have money again?

Brokenbad

Serious question.

I have watched football my whole life, but I have never really quite grasped the salary caps and spendings ordeal.

So the question is, when are the Panthers going to be able to open up the wallet again? Will we have more money next year?

The team's already done a lot for next year with a few of the restructures and cuts. If Dwill survives this season, he'll be cut next off season for sure as a June 1st cut saving the team around 6 million or so. The team can also cut Beason much more effectively next off season as well. Also will be easier to cut Godfrey next season as well. Team as more options on the table to save money next season but started off in worse shape though.

However most of that money will go towards Cam Newton and Greg Hardy's contract if they both get long term deals.

If Hardy has another major year, he's most likely not coming back. Can't put up 30+ million a season for just Cam and Hardy when you've already got other guys making pretty big bucks in Stewart, Kalil, Olsen and Johnson for the next few years also.

Patience young grasshopper. Panther fans were spoiled by the NFC championship in year 2 and the Superbowl run in 2003. There are teams that haven't even done that yet. Be thankful for what Carolina has accomplished. This isn't going to happen overnight and signing a bunch of overpaid free agents is not the answer. Carolina has had some bad luck with draft picks over the years and have had to endure a GM that was under qualified. In Summary....

It's A Process. :)

Archived