• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwan Edwards may not be coming back.

ncguy2184

Two DTs, WR, CB, FS, and RG will make us into a playoffs contender. And Im talking about guys that can actually play, not scrubs off the street kind of guys.

Yeah, and that's assuming we remain healthy at Linebacker and Receiver.

Does anyone really want to imagine what this team would look like if Davis, Beason, and/or Steve Smith went down again?

Dont get me wrong, I think we can get pass by it too. I just want another new face at CB personally.

Can't argue that, I don't think our CB's will be great but I think they can be more than serviceable until we have time to address it further,

Thomas and Dockerry were playing very well by the end of the year.

"...the DL will be fine."

The interior DL of the Carolina Panthers hasn't been "fine" since 2007. They've essentially ignored the DT position since Jenkins left for the Jets, Kemo left, Gary Gibson gone, Kindal Moorehead and Damione Lewis the same.

2007 was the last time the Panthers actually paid any attention to the DT position. Since then it's been hit & miss, keep plugging in second tier players and hope someone catches fire; a turnstile of 1-2 year guys who cannot get the job done and get shipped out.

they addressed it just fine last year. the strength of the DL is the DEs.

they'll find replacements for edwards the same place they found edwards.

i'm just not worried about it at all. we may draft someone, but until we find that franchise DT type, it won't be hard to replace dwan. we've got a better scout in gettleman and rivera does good at finding the right guys for the D...enough to make it respectable enough.

panic all you want and scream that the sky is falling...but this is one area that isn't that difficult to take care of.

they addressed it just fine last year. the strength of the DL is the DEs.

they'll find replacements for edwards the same place they found edwards.

i'm just not worried about it at all. we may draft someone, but until we find that franchise DT type, it won't be hard to replace dwan. we've got a better scout in gettleman and rivera does good at finding the right guys for the D...enough to make it respectable enough.

panic all you want and scream that the sky is falling...but this is one area that isn't that difficult to take care of.

THANK YOU!!! (and Edwards sucked against the run)

Yea he's gone. I just hope he's not signing in the NFC South. Could see him signing with Seattle. They've been on a spending spree and are definitely a Superbowl contender. According to his profile page, he's from the northwest so there's that connection too.

Archived