• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn joins the Panthers on a one-year deal

Cam2Ligit2Quit

Well in those I formations he will but he passing situations I believe they will relieve him of his duties. I definitely don't want Keuchly covering a tight end. The dude is smart but if it's not a double team, it will be the same scenario it has been the past recent years.

They might also move Thomas Davis to his old SLB position where he was good at covering TEs. I'm not sure if he can still do that though, depends on training camp.

Well, a good QB makes all the difference in the world and fitting what a team does.

Pair Steve Smith with Clausen and you would be lucky to see 500 yards and 1 TD from Smith.

Pair Syndey Rice with Brett Favre and magically he is a huge playmaker after doing diddly poo prior

this. i don't think we are signing him with the exception of being a real weapon at receiver. i think he will see time on the field as a WR, but only as a deep threat guy and probably not very often. but that is secondary to the real usefulness he has and that is as a return guy. he's the first real return threat we've had in years. of course blocking has to improve, but we've just had projects and rookies returning the ball and aside from one or two miracle returns against STs that were even worse than ours (and i'm looking at pilares) it's just been pathetic who we've asked to do the job.

i think we got an upgrade at ST coach...not rodgers, but dehaven who is the asst. ST coach for now. that guy knows how to put STs together. i suspect he'll have the job by the end of the year. it's a joke that he's got to be rodgers assistant but whatever....point is that we've got better coaching and a better returner. blocking should be better. results should be better.

another FA or an early draft pick. the #3 isn't on the roster right now.

I am not in total agreement with you. He wanted to go to a team with the opportunity to play WR. I think the slot/#3 position will be his to lose. I think Rivera and Shula will give him every opportunity to be that 3rd WR we need.

Well, a good QB makes all the difference in the world and fitting what a team does.

Pair Steve Smith with Clausen and you would be lucky to see 500 yards and 1 TD from Smith.

Pair Syndey Rice with Brett Favre and magically he is a huge playmaker after doing diddly poo prior

This

I am not in total agreement with you. He wanted to go to a team with the opportunity to play WR. I think the slot/#3 position will be his to lose. I think Rivera and Shula will give him every opportunity to be that 3rd WR we need.

well when you look at the scrubs we have after smitty i think that it wouldn't be hard to not be in the running for at least the #3 job. i just don't think that ginn is the last pickup we make this offseason. i suspect we'll bring in one or two more that are more likely to nab the #3 job over ginn.

the opportunity will be there for sure, but the competition will be different by training camp.

I wanted Ted Ginn last year, so I feel like this signing is way too late. Had we signed him last year, we wouldn't have drafted Joe Adams and simply would have drafted Frank Alexander with our original 4th round pick, meaning we would have had a third round pick this year. So that was just terrible management last year, of course we still had Hurney working his magic.

So, I have mix feeling about signing him now, because of Joe Adams.

Archived