• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scabs that won't heal, Delhommes $20M guaranteed revisted

Brokenbad

Let me ask you guys this would you rather have won a sb with jake and not have cam but clausen or some other no name at qb for us now? Just curious to what some of you may think

we would have luck or griffin in that case cause if clausen was our qb in 2011 we would have won 2 games at most

Let me ask you guys this would you rather have won a sb with jake and not have cam but clausen or some other no name at qb for us now? Just curious to what some of you may think

Why couldn't we win a Super Bowl with Jake and THEN draft Cam?

Dummy.

If I remember correctly Jake restructured so we could pay Peppers. I think he saved 9 million against the cap. They paid him the 20 million guaranteed which was to pay him what they were going to in 2009 and an option which which was guaranteed which they could pay and have him for 2010 or not exercise it and still cost them that money. Jake figured that if he restructured he wanted to get paid for 2010 which he hoped would be improved over 2009. We won't know because he wasn't here, but don't tell me he wouldn't have been better than Clausen. And franchise quarterbacks, even declining ones, usually got big bucks because there just aren't enough of them to go around. That is why guys like Carson Palmer are still playing.

It is a shame that he never recovered from the surgery. He just didn't have zip on the ball. If you are going to be a gunslinger, you better be able to thread the needle. Something Jake was never great at doing, but he surely deteriorated after the injury. Sad really, He was such a fiery Cajun and motivator.

Until Cam consistently gets us in the playoffs, the quarterback with the most success in our short history has been Jake and its not even close. Don't get me wrong, Cam has the athletic skills that Jake could only dream about. I only hope Cam can develop the 4th quarter comeback skills that Jake had. The one thing that Cam has to develop is consistency and that means playing well in big situations when the pressure is on. Something Jake did well between 2003 and 2007.

If I remember correctly Jake restructured so we could pay Peppers. I think he saved 9 million against the cap. They paid him the 20 million guaranteed which was to pay him what they were going to in 2009 and an option which which was guaranteed which they could pay and have him for 2010 or not exercise it and still cost them that money. Jake figured that if he restructured he wanted to get paid for 2010 which he hoped would be improved over 2009. We won't know because he wasn't here, but don't tell me he wouldn't have been better than Clausen. And franchise quarterbacks, even declining ones, usually got big bucks because there just aren't enough of them to go around. That is why guys like Carson Palmer are still playing.

It is a shame that he never recovered from the surgery. He just didn't have zip on the ball. If you are going to be a gunslinger, you better be able to thread the needle. Something Jake was never great at doing, but he surely deteriorated after the injury. Sad really, He was such a fiery Cajun and motivator.

Until Cam consistently gets us in the playoffs, the quarterback with the most success in our short history has been Jake and its not even close. Don't get me wrong, Cam has the athletic skills that Jake could only dream about. I only hope Cam can develop the 4th quarter comeback skills that Jake had. The one thing that Cam has to develop is consistency and that means playing well in big situations when the pressure is on. Something Jake did well between 2003 and 2007.

Game film?

Hire jake as consultant?

Because that wasn't the questioned I asked let me rephrase I was asking if you guys had to pick between a sb win with jake and have mediocre qb play now instead of having a franchise qb now (cam).

Why choose? Both were entirely possible.

lol that deal didn't save 9 million

I hate to talk about this because this issue ended up creating such a clusterfug on this forum but since there's so much misinformation happening in this thread I feel like I need to speak up. His extension barely shaved two and a half million off the cap. If the best solution you could come up with to create that room is to hand somebody 20 million guaranteed the next two years then lol I don't know what to say about your football acumen, regardless if 2010 was uncapped there's like 400 different ways you can create that smidge of space.

Archived