• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TX High School Senior bench presses 700lbs

Darth Biscuit

Looked to me like the kid was expecting him to do that... maybe it's their routine?

I'm always surprised at those bench press events that they don't have some sort of rack to catch the bar in the event of a drop. No way guys can catch it if he drops 700 lbs. I've seen too many accidents.

Looked to me like the kid was expecting him to do that... maybe it's their routine?

I'm always surprised at those bench press events that they don't have some sort of rack to catch the bar in the event of a drop. No way guys can catch it if he drops 700 lbs. I've seen too many accidents.

No doubt man. We had a guy whose pec muscle snapped and 495 lbs fell straight down on his rib cage. Nasty. That pec tearing sounded like somebody clapped their hands.

No doubt man. We had a guy whose pec muscle snapped and 495 lbs fell straight down on his rib cage. Nasty. That pec tearing sounded like somebody clapped their hands.

I saw a guy do that and it was one of the nastiest things I ever witnessed.

I know when I snapped by bicep tending doing a preacher curl everyone on that side of the gym thought I broke my arm because the snap was so loud.

Both of those are images I will never get out of my head.

See, that poo freaks me out... I love lifting and really enjoy it, but it's not worth getting hurt over. I'm stronger now in my old age than ever, but have no desire to try and press those huge weights... it's just too dangerous.

So, without the shirt, does it equate to 525-550 lbs?

That's probably about right. A lifter who knows how to lift with a 3 ply shirt can easily add 2-300 lbs on their bench with a shirt. Don't really understand how someone can be so proud of what is essentially an assisted lift; what's next, hydraulic bench shirts? lol

Archived