• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we a better team now versus our last game

Gin and Juice

Factoring in the lose of a top talent like gamble, i say no. Were the same.

How many games did he play in last year?

4 games, we still had what the 12 ranked pass defense. Keep the pressure high from the front 4 where you can drop 7 and its hard to pass. We didn't really lose anything with him gone from the defense last yr.

How many games did he play in last year?

4 games, we still had what the 12 ranked pass defense. Keep the pressure high from the front 4 where you can drop 7 and its hard to pass. We didn't really lose anything with him gone from the defense last yr.

I was basing it off the start of the year who we thought we were. From start to start.

Offensively worse?

Coaching, maybe. Talents, no.

Ginn + Hixon >>>>>>>>>> Murphy

Players aren't constants.

2013 versions of Gross, Smith, Williams etc are getting worse.

We also likely could be starting 2 young DII Gs....which will cause more OL issues.

Ginn is really ST.

Hixon doesn't offset our aging stars IMO. Nothing else has been done.

The thread title says "now versus our last game". We get back Kalil, Beason, Keiser, Nakamura(-1), J Stew, Amini Silatolu, Greg Hardy, Kealoha Pilares, Geoff Hangartner, and David Gettis. That is just the "names" on our roster. Go check out our roster at the end of the season. Those "bad" players on our Oline weren't even playing by then. Look at the roster for our entire season. Check out some of the guys we played. It will make you sick to your stomach.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2012_roster.htm

It's hard to pick a guy I hate the most. There is Justin Medlock, Jeremy Bridges, Ron Parker, Doug Hogue? My god I don't even remember some of these guys.

But yes, I feel like this free agency and draft period have improved our team.

Only significant loss is Gamble

Added Star and Short, as well as Ginn in the return game along with some backup filler.

Then we also get back Beason, Kalil, and Stewart from injury, as well as another off-season for Cam to get better

You can be upset about us not improving our DB's or WR's all you want, but if you honestly think that this team isn't better then you need to have your head checked.

Only significant loss is Gamble

Added Star and Short, as well as Ginn in the return game along with some backup filler.

Then we also get back Beason, Kalil, and Stewart from injury, as well as another off-season for Cam to get better

You can be upset about us not improving our DB's or WR's all you want, but if you honestly think that this team isn't better then you need to have your head checked.

Only a bunch of butt hurt people "who knew we were drafting a WR" would say this team isn't better.

Guest HelloWorld

The good thing is, we might have the best Dline in our division and no mobile QB(except Freeman?) to really worry about. And I think we'll beat Atlanta twice, obliterate the Saints again and split with the Bucs. 5-1 in division. Easy!

Archived