• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason is the only one coming off of an injury, and neither one is over 30. Davis just turned 30 but he missed a few years so his body actually has less wear and tear than others who played the same position (absent the knee of course). TD is still explosive instinctive and looking to make impact on every play. Keek is on another level already. Beason will have to figure out his spot but you cant say if healthy he would be worse at run support than JA.

Suggs missed just 8 games last year and they won the Superbowl. I don know how you can minimize him using that reasoning and at the same time praise Beason and Davis who have missed about 5 seasons of the past 6 combined. Yes, Davis had a miraculous comeback and played well.

Suggs missed just 8 games last year and they won the Superbowl. I don know how you can minimize him using that reasoning and at the same time praise Beason and Davis who have missed about 5 seasons of the past 6 combined. Yes, Davis had a miraculous comeback and played well.

I'm not really arguing that either of them are better or worse than Suggs and the other Bal LB's.  I was merely pointing out that TD played a full season last year and neither one of them is decrepit in age.  Baltimore has historically been very good on defense and to even be in the conversation with their front seven is very exciting to me. 

I'm not trying to minimize Suggs, I think he's an excellent player and I'm not trying to say he's washed up.  But he seemed less explosive to me after coming back from the injury.  TD was no less explosive or quick.  If anything he almost seemed moreso.  Beason is a big question mark, but I put a caveat in my claim that IF they're healthy.

Even considering Suggs in top form, that's still only three real VERY good players in their front 7 in Ngata, Dumervil and Suggs.  Since we could say the same thing about Arthur Brown as Star (though not to the extreme, I don't think Brown is that close to the level of prospect that Star is) we'll throw Brown in there for 4 of their front 7 being VERY good players, assuming everyone is healthy and playing up to their drafted potential.

With the same standards in place, everyone is healthy and playing up to their drafted potential, 6 of our front 7 are VERY good players.  SIX.  Even if you toss Beason out because you don't believe he'll be healthy (which I wouldn't say), that's still 5 of our front 7 being dominant, VERY good players.  I still give us the edge.  Especially if you give Short the same courtesy as Brown and include him in the tally since he has as much potential as Brown.  I just didn't initially include him because I don't think he'll be starting right away.

I'm not trying to minimize Suggs, I think he's an excellent player and I'm not trying to say he's washed up.  But he seemed less explosive to me after coming back from the injury.  TD was no less explosive or quick.  If anything he almost seemed moreso.  Beason is a big question mark, but I put a caveat in my claim that IF they're healthy.

Even considering Suggs in top form, that's still only three real VERY good players in their front 7 in Ngata, Dumervil and Suggs.  Since we could say the same thing about Arthur Brown as Star (though not to the extreme, I don't think Brown is that close to the level of prospect that Star is) we'll throw Brown in there for 4 of their front 7 being VERY good players, assuming everyone is healthy and playing up to their drafted potential.

With the same standards in place, everyone is healthy and playing up to their drafted potential, 6 of our front 7 are VERY good players.  SIX.  Even if you toss Beason out because you don't believe he'll be healthy (which I wouldn't say), that's still 5 of our front 7 being dominant, VERY good players.  I still give us the edge.  Especially if you give Short the same courtesy as Brown and include him in the tally since he has as much potential as Brown.  I just didn't initially include him because I don't think he'll be starting right away.

Pie given strictly for articulation and validity.

All my pie is gone, I can't rep people, I'm bout to start a revolution up in this bitch.

Ive been on the Huddle since '05, this has to be the 4th time rep/pie has been reset, counting 'the crash' back in '08, IIRC.... But, please, revolt on....

so informative, i'm learning a whole lot from your posts. It's quite amazing. Why don't you tell me about how Beason moving to the outside will help this team win. Does it play to his strengths? How about having two leaders at the LB positions in Beason and Keek? How about the versatility of this front seven to run some 3-4 schemes?  How will TD be after a full offseason work out without having to do rehab workouts?

you are a funny guy though. very clever.

I think i like you.

I said front 7, not LB corps. Dallas' move to a 4-3 could very well negate Ware's talent, but even considering Ware at his most effective their D-line sucks and as a front 7 don't even come close to ours. Lee's a good LB, but he's not as good as our worst starting LB. Same for Carter, though I don't know if he's even proven anything in the NFL yet.

Baltimore has a good front 7, but Suggs and Ngata are the two best there and Suggs is slowing down with injuries and age. If Suggs were in top form I'd include them. With Upshaw not having done anything in the NFL, Brown being a rookie and unproven, McClain a proven bust, Suggs slowing down I wouldn't put them in the same category.

Im not trying to negate what you said. I hope we do go on and have a good front 7, but as of right now we haven't shown anything. We just look pretty darn good on paper.

And are you being serious about Lee not being even as good as our worst starting LB (Davis)?Lee is a damn helluva MLB. He's a top 5 MLB if he can stay healthy.

Lee is good. Dunno if I'd say top 5 MLB, but I don't wanna put the brain power into thinking of 5 others. Luke and the two from SF both off the top of my head are three. And yes, I'd take TD over Lee at their prospective positions ANY day of the week, all homerism aside.

Lee is good. Dunno if I'd say top 5 MLB, but I don't wanna put the brain power into thinking of 5 others. Luke and the two from SF both off the top of my head are three. And yes, I'd take TD over Lee at their prospective positions ANY day of the week, all homerism aside.

Yea everyone has their own opinion, but try watching some cowboys games this upcomin season. Sean Lee is as good as it come. I still love Luke though lol.

so informative, i'm learning a whole lot from your posts. It's quite amazing. Why don't you tell me about how Beason moving to the outside will help this team win. Does it play to his strengths? How about having two leaders at the LB positions in Beason and Keek? How about the versatility of this front seven to run some 3-4 schemes?  How will TD be after a full offseason work out without having to do rehab workouts?

you are a funny guy though. very clever.

In response the part in bold.

Not only do we get two leaders at LB. Our entire starting LB Corps will be leaders: Beason has been captain, Davis was Captain, and Keek would be on any other team. I cannot wait to see this defense shine with all of their leaders on the field. We got the Kraken who can inspire, CJ and Star who will lead by example, the ENTIRE LB CORPS, and Godfrey isn't a too bad of a leader himself.

I cannot wait for this season to get underway!

Archived