• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

most improved player?

uptowndlo34

Who do you think will be this seasons most improved player on the Panthers......last season it was DWill easily. This season I think it will be Charles Johnson...I think we can at least expect him to get 8+ sacks this year.......if he can step up, our DE's will be scary. Tell me what u think

If Johnson breaks into the starting lineup, or gets significant reps on third down, then I agree with you. I think CJ has tremendous potential and could certianly be the long-term solution opposite E. Brown. Or maybe I should say that E. Brown will be the long-term solution opposite CJ. Absolutely love what we've seen from CJ so far.

I also have high hopes for Godfrey this year. He played pretty well last year but had some bad lapses at some crucial times (but then again, so did a few other players). I think other guys might show greater improvement from last year (like Barnidge) but I'm hoping Godfrey will do well in a looser defensive scheme and erase any doubts about his ability to be a long-term solution for us at free safety. If he doesn't thrive, safety will be a crucial position to look at in the next offseason.

agreed with possibilities of cj, barnidge, godfrey. What about someone like carter. He hasn't ever really played though, so I don't know if he could really be improved....just good. Also, Jarrett comes to mind.

I think Charles Godfrey will be most improved. He blew a lot of coverages so it will be a night and day difference this year.

I don't think Charles Johnson will improved that much but he will contribute more. I've rewatched a lot of games and he will be very good when given the oppurtunity. I think he just needs more chances to show off what he's got.

Jeff Otah could also stand to improved his pass protection.

Landon Johnson might finally be able to shine.

Archived