• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooooo....what would you do?

Johnny Rockets

Look up the name Michael Alexander from Hildebran Elementary here in Burke County. Before being sent to prison for 40 years for being a pedophile, be was teacher of the year and well respected within the community.

Go with your gut feeling... If it doesn't feel right it probably isn't. All bets are off when it comes to the safety of our kids; even if it means someone loses their job.

As others have said, kissing and hugging school children is clearly inappropriate and should be reported to his supervisor.  There is absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior, especially from the bus driver who is alone on the bus with the children.

x2

IMO people that don't have a problem with this are the same people that you see crying on the news when their kid winds up missing or the victim of a pedophile.

There's a difference in loving gestures from those you are close to, and the same gestures from strangers. This is especially true when it comes to kids.

I see no problem with this at all. This is what's wrong with society. Can't show love without being called a sexual predator or pedofile. Then we wonder why everyone is so uptight.

You don't know me from Adam. Let me hug and kiss your child and see how you feel about it.

I see no problem with this at all. This is what's wrong with society. Can't show love without being called a sexual predator or pedofile. Then we wonder why everyone is so uptight.

Okay, so lets assume for one second that he just ignores this only to find out later the guy is molesting kids. There is a problem with this and it needs to be handled.

A man regardless whether he is 20 or 55 should know you do not hug and kiss other people's kids.

If he wants to show love then he needs to do it in a non physical way. Period

Would this have been an issue 30 years ago?

Yep! I was in grade school 25-30 years ago, and if the bus driver had tried to hug or kiss me, I'd have told my parents, as they'd instructed me. I, as probably many of the people on this site, grew up in the wake of Adam Walsh being kidnapped and decapitated.

Yep! I was in grade school 25-30 years ago, and if the bus driver had tried to hug or kiss me, I'd have told my parents, as they'd instructed me. I, as probably many of the people on this site, grew up in the wake of Adam Walsh being kidnapped and decapitated.

Cool.

I don't recall ever having a stranger danger talk in the 70/80s when I grew up.

Nope... growing up in the 70s/80s you really didn't worry about that.

We knew everyone in the neighborhood and if someone came around we didn't know, everybody looked out for each other.

I used to leave in the morning and not come home until dark out playing with friends with not a care in the world.

Obviously there were creeps/pedos/weirdos out there, but pretty much everyone knew everyone else and it wasn't an issue like it is now.

Totally unrelated, but I remember this one time my sophomore year, I was showing some retarded picture that I had drawn to some dumb girls at the back of the bus. They were all leaning over my seat to see it. The bus driver notices all the people at the back of the bus leaning over seats and trying to see whatever was so interesting in my seat. She asks me what I'm doing and being the little sarcastic poo that I was, i say "I'm playing with myself". 

She actually believed that that was what I was doing....I remember being called into the office the next day and having to explain to the principal why exactly I thought it was a good idea to tell my bus driver that I was masturbating on the back of the bus. 

I also spent all day shaking up a giant can of root beer and at the end of the day I set it on top of the back of the seat in front of me and stabbed it with a pen. Not only did it explode and fug up my hand, but I stabbed so hard that I managed to stab myself in the palm of my hand. Soda went everywhere, literally coated every window and the top of the can exploded off and slammed against the front windshield of the bus. I transferred schools over that summer and they made me clean the bus before they would release my transcript to my new school. 

Archived