• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scathing article about Beason and his contract

JawnyBlaze

Who's Brett Jensen?

Probably should take what he says with a grain of salt that guy absolutely loathes the Panthers and isn't shy about letting everyone know this, he will take any chance to take a shot at the Panthers.

I think everybody can see based on production the past two seasons that Beason is being overpaid, I think other than that fact he's just speculating out of thin air as to the rest of his article. 

Even if he plays very well this season, he is wildly over paid for an OLB.

He either restructures next year or will be released.

If you are Beason...why not take every dime you can...get released and go play MLB somewhere.

The article was poorly written with "carolinahuddle" type grammatical errors, but as a fan I agree with the message. However, if I'm John Beason, I'm not approaching the team and volunteering for a pay cut. That would be stupid. As much as us fans want to believe guys play in the NFL because they simply love the game, the fact is NFL is a very successful business, first and foremost. Grab the money while you can.

If so that changes everything in terms of how I view him. That's hard to believe considering he seems to be the best candidate for such a restructure.

What's in it for Beason?

Nothing. He can go play MLB next year for someone else and essentially rape us for millions.

Beason IMO easily should replace Peppers if the seemingly obvious story plays out...his departure will be much worse

I think as fans you would like to believe Beason would do this, especially because of what we've heard him say about the Panthers (building a dynasty, what he's said about keek,ect.). Bottom line, this is a business. I expect next year Beason to be restructure or he will be cut.

This article was trash. It made it seam like Beason is a bad guy for not restructuring, which he isn't.  It would be nice, but he's not a bad guy.

What's in it for Beason?

Nothing. He can go play MLB next year for someone else and essentially rape us for millions.

Beason IMO easily should replace Peppers if the seemingly obvious story plays out...his departure will be much worse

no.

no.

If Carolina is "forced" to cut the man who holds the worst contract in Panther history? They will be cutting him essentially bc he WANTS to not be here.

Doesn't matter how he plays...if we cut him after this year his extension will of been the worst in our history... And not restructuring means Beason is simply taking the cash and preferring to move on to a different team.

How would Pep be worse?

If Carolina is "forced" to cut the man who holds the worst contract in Panther history? They will be cutting him essentially bc he WANTS to not be here.

You said he would take over Peppers position for the way he exited, this is wrong for a number of reasons. Maybe at face value it seems that way but,

1. Beason's natural position has been taken over by Keek

and

2. Beason was a leader and worked hard when he was here, the injury bug aside he worked his ass off

If he wants to not be here, it's because he wants to play MLB. Completely different situation than Peppers when you don't look at it from face value.

You said he would take over Peppers position for the way he exited, this is wrong for a number of reasons. Maybe at face value it seems that way but,

1. Beason's natural position has been taken over by Keek

and

2. Beason was a leader and worked hard when he was here, the injury bug aside he worked his ass off

If he wants to not be here, it's because he wants to play MLB. Completely different situation than Peppers when you don't look at it from face value.

It isn't an apples to apples scenario....but Beason will be opting to move on and will have completely ripped us off before exiting. That is a worse scenario IMO than when Peppers.

Keep in mind, I have zero issue with Peppers leaving. I think the Pep hate is absurd...so people will finally need to back off that hate IMO.

And I won't blame Beason for it....as I always argue NFL players view things as business. Players don't just do stuff for a team....that is always a bonus when it helps while they look out for themselves. I have been saying for awhile he wouldn't restructure....and is already looking to move on to play MLB. He views himself as one of the best MLBs in the NFL....and which is why he pimps Luke as the best in the league already. The #2 best shouldn't e a backup or playing OLB

the short term memory of this board and NFL fans in general is astounding. this guy was a premier player for us prior to his injuries. he is going to make most of you eat your words next year. also, it's not his fault he was given this contract. would you go up to your boss and say, "you know, I realized all I do here is dick around on the internet all day and only do about 30 minutes of real work, can you please dock my pay?"

Archived