• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty's OTA observations

PantherFeez

This shouldn't surprise me because we've got scrubs playing WR. But I am liking the TE news. Would love to see us go back to two TE sets.

The WR position is better than it has been for the past 2 seasons....and Can threw for 8,000 yards in that time.

The offense will be fine this year...especially with more focus on the Running game.

If the young guys in the secondary step up and the new DR's contribute, this could be a fun year.

This shouldn't surprise me because we've got scrubs playing WR. But I am liking the TE news. Would love to see us go back to two TE sets.

Yep. Doesn't surprise me either, as I've been saying the same about our WRs for awhile. We'll see how it ends up, though.

The WR position is better than it has been for the past 2 seasons....and Can threw for 8,000 yards in that time.

The offense will be fine this year...especially with more focus on the Running game.

If the young guys in the secondary step up and the new DR's contribute, this could be a fun year.

What makes it better? Adding an injury prone Hixon and one of the biggest WR bust in some time?

I love hearing Smitty talk. He doesn't sugarcoat much if anything at all. He also gives a insiders perspective on things. I'm glad he has been doing a lot of radio lately. I think he is staying out of the one on ones in training camp so that he won't get in trouble beating some of the young DBs up; in their chase for a spot on the roster, they will be fighting literally for a spot. So I think that is the reason Smitty will sit this one out. I think that Gettis will get back to his former self this year and be on the field a hell of a lot.  

I'm excited for Josh Thomas and I think he will snag that starting spot.

Smitty also stated that the WR's have been running a bunch of clear out routes for the TE's. I think he was saying as a whole, the WR's haven't really been getting much action. 

Keep sugar coating it however you want.  We don't have quality WRS past 89....

Some people on here are like girls. Over thinking everything and assuming the worst.

Yes because towing the company line and believing every position is chocked full of talented starter level players is what our actual reality is....

It's like clockwork. Every year people say we will be fine at WR, then at the end of the year we realize again it's more or less a one man show at the position. I'm sorry, but some of you need to take the blue lenses out of your glasses and realize we have a severe deficit of quality WRS on this team. Hopefully Gettis or Joe Adams comes out of no where this year, because other than Smitty those are the only two guys on the roster that have a potential number one or high quality number two level of impact....

Name two guys on the Pats,Ravens,49ers, Seahawks, or the Packers WR corps. Good teams don't need to be loaded. Just need role players.

Archived