• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Out of the WR's on the roster who aren't 89.

koolkatluke

Gettis is an enigma...he gave us a taste of how good he could be and then disappeared from our lives for a couple of years.Now he comes back but in some mysterious way cannot find his way back to getting playing time.   

It is going to be interesting to see Ginn play with Cam because he really hasn't played with QB's that can get him the ball deep. IF he can just catch a few deep balls and help lift the top off the defense it'll make things a lot easier for Olsen/Lafell and our backs.

Gettis doesn't play. Plain and Simple. So many people here seem to forget just how clutch Lafell has been lately. He makes the big catch at the big moment and Cam seem to go to him in those situations. This may not meet the criteria for the question but I just don't get the lack of love/respect for the one WR outside of 89 that has given us at the very least, something.

Gettis? The guy fighting for a roster spot and being outplayed be AE? for a guy who was driving the don't draft a wr bandwagon you have to come with a better solution than David fuging Gettis.

I refer you to the 1st post.

A Statement like "based on measurment and skillsets kinda explains my answer". Funny how other people didn't have a problem with the plot here.

Gettis doesn't play. Plain and Simple. So many people here seem to forget just how clutch Lafell has been lately. He makes the big catch at the big moment and Cam seem to go to him in those situations. This may not meet the criteria for the question but I just don't get the lack of love/respect for the one WR outside of 89 that has given us at the very least, something.

I said in the 1st post that was a negative for Gettis.

But Based on his size, speed, ability he showed the few times we saw him and age I picked him.

I'm the biggest Lafell fan here but based on skillset and speed I give more upside to Gettis. But this is just my opinion.

Well, we can go ahead and eliminate Ginn and Hixon from the list. They've been in the league 4+ years, and have shown they're not capable of being #1's.

I guess the only possible answer to this is Gettis. I don't see it with him, so I'm going to say none. Hopefully, I'm wrong about Gettis. He does have ideal size and speed.

I saw a video on Panthers.com where Cam was saying he underthrew Ginn.  He was not happy about it.  He said he will NEVER underthrow Ginn again.  He might overthrow but never underthrow.

That sounds like taking the top off to me.  

Wouldn't be cool to get Gettis, Smitty and Ginn flying deep.  One of them would be single covered or Dump off to Barner with tons of room to run.

Well, we can go ahead and eliminate Ginn and Hixon from the list. They've been in the league 4+ years, and have shown they're not capable of being #1's.

I guess the only possible answer to this is Gettis. I don't see it with him, so I'm going to say none. Hopefully, I'm wrong about Gettis. He does have ideal size and speed.

Hey I can't dispute your opinion. I will say that at 28 Ginn and Hixon could play for 6 or 7 more years. Late bloomer to the highest level I know but it can happen.

I refer you to the 1st post.

A Statement like "based on measurment and skillsets kinda explains my answer". Funny how other people didn't have a problem with the plot here.

Either way your whole basis is wrong. All #1 wrs don't run a 4.3 and we both know all #1 wrs aren't 6'3. Basing on measurements is why combine warriors are usually bust. I personally wouldn't base it on anything but performance and based on performance we don't have a potential #1 on this roster.

Either way your whole basis is wrong. All #1 wrs don't run a 4.3 and we both know all #1 wrs aren't 6'3. Basing on measurements is why combine warriors are usually bust. I personally wouldn't base it on anything but performance and based on performance we don't have a potential #1 on this roster.

Ace then again you missed the point of the thread. Just because you don't believe in the criteria doesn't mean the basis is wrong.

There was a reason Performance was not a criteria if it was then there is no need to ask the question.

If Performance was the main Criteria of many thread questions. Then we would only be talking about  15 to 20 players on this team most of the time.

You're right not all WR run a 4.3 but it doesn't hurt if they do. Not all WR are 6'3 but it doesn't hurt if they are.

Archived