• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"They're all thugs"

Awesomeness!!

I have literally never heard anybody say anything commendable about Birdman. He isn't even that good of a player. The dez point is spot on though. Think about it. The lawsuit against Hernandez was filed in February. Nobody reported it until a week ago. ESPN would have been all over Dez, or Demarcus Cousins, or Cam etc because its expected that one of those guys will eventually "do something". Aaron Hernandez, and his past were kind of kept in the dark. Now, that doesn't mean its a race thing though. People HATED Marshall Henderson. Its all about demeanor and the way you carry yourself. Some people interpret it in different ways. 

Everything ever is racially charged for some people. Let us white folk have some words we can use.

I'm not trying to push any buttons and this thread was probably better suited for the TB, but if you are white and you criticize a minority, you are walking a very fine line. My GF is a grade school teacher and she has experienced it when dealing with african american parents.

It's like I said in another thread, call people like Matt Jones/Chris Anderson/and to an extent Aaron Hernandez a thug and nobody cares. I'll leave it at that. 

Regarding the topic:

Massachusetts law enforcement officials believe Aaron Hernandez may have murdered Odin Lloyd because Lloyd had information connecting Hernandez to the double murders that occurred on July 16 of last year in Boston.
It didn't take long after Hernandez's arrest for the story to leak that he's a possible suspect in the double murder. "The motive might have been that the victim knew [Hernandez] might have been involved," one law enforcement official said. The double murder -- unsolved to this point -- occurred on Shawmut Avenue in Boston after a fight broke out at a club called Cure. Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado were stopped at a traffic light when a silver/gray SUV with Rhode Island plates opened fire, killing both. A third man in the backseat was shot, but lived. Jun 27 - 2:13 PM

- per rotoworld

I have literally never heard anybody say anything commendable about Birdman. He isn't even that good of a player. The dez point is spot on though. Think about it. The lawsuit against Hernandez was filed in February. Nobody reported it until a week ago. ESPN would have been all over Dez, or Demarcus Cousins, or Cam etc because its expected that one of those guys will eventually "do something". Aaron Hernandez, and his past were kind of kept in the dark. Now, that doesn't mean its a race thing though. People HATED Marshall Henderson. Its all about demeanor and the way you carry yourself. Some people interpret it in different ways. 

I don't know if Cousins is a thug, but he's someone I certainly don't want on the Bobcats/Hornets. He's big and black and has tattoos but that doesn't qualify as a thug to me. If starts beating up women, getting arrested for robbery/drugs, etc, then that's a different story. However, he does seem like he has a big attitude problem. How's he going to act in a bobcats uniform when they go on one of their annual 17 game losing streaks next season? 

One thing to remember about Cam is that he was dismissed from a Gator football team that had players getting arrested weekly. Aaron Hernandez was on that team, BTW. Urban Meyer is such a scumbag coach and it's obvious he didn't truly care what his players were doing off the field as long as they showed up on Saturday. Not to mention he hitched his wagon to TT. They also won 2 national titles. Funny how that works. 

Leave Cam out of your thug tirades ffs.

People can change man. He certainly looks like he has turned his life around. What I said about him at Florida is true. Those teams had a culture of criminal activity but like I said dude they got 2 national titles in the process and the icon/face of those Gator teams was TT. 

27 NFL players have been arrested since the Super Bowl. Yes, that number is outrageous, and not only does the NFL need to do something (banning people) but the players need to take responsibility. Its not THAT hard to not get arrested during the offseason. If I was commissioner, I would make it clear that anyone caught with an illegal firearm, or drugs is done with the NFL. If these guys worked at Walmart they would be in the unemployment line. Again, it isn't hard to follow these simple rules that normal citizens do. This is ridiculous. 

However with that being said, I am sick and tired of "fans" and people labeling the players of the NFL (and NBA..hmm wonder why) as "thugs". 27 players have been arrested this offseason. Right now every team has 90 men on the roster, but cut it to the regular 53 man roster, and 53 times 32 equals 1696. 27 of 1696 is 1.5%, approximately. People continue to label entire groups of people, or organizations as something, when its almost never the case. Like I said, 27 millionaires getting arrested is ridiculous, but we have to stop condemning the entire league for the actions of a few. This applies to every aspect of life.

And with that being said, Aaron Hernandez needs to be a prime example of what not to do when you "make it". When I went to college I stopped talking to my thug friends from High School. It wasn't hard. The truth is I would rather be a cornball brother, instead of washing draws in a state prison. I don't understand how everybody doesn't come to that same conclusion, but..whatever. RIP Odin Lloyd.

That's not not awesomeness! :)

so you're saying not everyone is a thug and everyone who isn't a thug is a cornball

got it.

it hurts.

the word thug is just one of many that refers to just one of many groups....the problem isn't specific to that word or group, poeple generalize a lot of things, and need to create those schemas in order to function properly. Key is to slow down and think rationally, but at the same time my point is, this isn't a 'thug' or 'race' issue, everyone has to deal with unfair generalizations about one thing or another and that really isn't ever going to change..in fact we tend to gravitate towards those who generalize us in a poitive way but we don't seem to have problems with those do we? Just a part of life and will exist as long as poeple are thinking.

Dez has issues before the saggy pants situation and he wasn't arrested for saggy pants, he was arrested for the way he treated the officers that asked him to pull them up. Deion Sanders tried to work with Dez to help build his character. Deion had such a hard time dealing with Dez that he disassociated himself from Dez. Do you think Deion had racial motivations for thinking Dez was a lost cause? I don't know anything about Cousins but to blame the media for Dez Bryant's portrayal doesn't make sense.

One connection I do see is AH is a Patriot and Dez is a Cowboy. Robert Kraft commands the kind of respect in the media that Tiger Woods did for years. CBS is in bed with Kraft and bad boy Patriots just don't sell ads. Bad boy Cowboys sell.

The NFL has a black eye. It will always remain until that idiot Goddell is GONE.

So Goddel is pulling triggers now? I really don't see how any of this has to do with Goodell other than he's made a strong push to eliminate off the field trouble with his personal conduct policy. The players have fought him for their rights to commit crimes all the way. How can you blame Goodell for any of this?

Archived