• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horncats interested in Al Jefferson

carpanfan96

Gotta get guys who can play.

My concerns are his age but as a good team you have to start winning to attract free agents..right now the key to to stop looking like a greasefire of a team.

Bobcats terrible seasons have media and free agent proofed us from being a relevant Choice to watch or discuss let alone sign and play for. Haywood will be off the books soon in time to go the next step with a FA offer.

Sign the guy.  Obviously you guys know my stance, I haven't been a fan of tanking and have argued with people at length on here lol.  

Does anyone ever think that he's the piece we need to get this train moving?  We may have a good team already.  Things could click with him added, our other guys may finally get to where we want them.  Think on this.  Kemba keeps getting better.  Henderson was better also.  Even Biz made strides despite a good chunk of our fans not giving him some credit.   MKG should improve.  

I don't think it's fair to our players to set them up to fail, Kemba going in his 3rd year probably doesn't want that, or those other guys.   Signing someone like Jefferson shows the league we want to win, and may help us bringing in some other FA's to shore up the roster when otherwise they may not have wanted too.

I love the move, even us TRYING, because it shows MJ wants to win, and it sends a message to the fans and to the team.  No excuses now.  Not to mention how exciting it'll be having a legit all-star on this team wearing purple and teal (hopefully).

If we give him a contract in the 10-12 million range at 4-5 years fine but if it is a 15+ million dollar a year deal then it is terrible.

Also to the people saying we will have three picks next year and can trade up for one of the great players no we can't. It is way more likely we end up with zero picks than three. So let us win 35-40 games miss the biggest draft in the past decade just so we can be an ok team for a couple years until they blow it up again and rebuild.

And to the people saying bringing Al won't stop us sucking why pay him big money? I get trying to be respectful but you shouldn't waste assets(cap space that can be used down the line) if it doesn't make you instantly better.

If we give him a contract in the 10-12 million range at 4-5 years fine but if it is a 15+ million dollar a year deal then it is terrible.

Also to the people saying we will have three picks next year and can trade up for one of the great players no we can't. It is way more likely we end up with zero picks than three. So let us win 35-40 games miss the biggest draft in the past decade just so we can be an ok team for a couple years until they blow it up again and rebuild.

And to the people saying bringing Al won't stop us sucking why pay him big money? I get trying to be respectful but you shouldn't waste assets(cap space that can be used down the line) if it doesn't make you instantly better.

Even if we end up with zero draft picks in next years draft we still will have assets like future picks and young players that can get us back in next year's draft.

But even if we don't get in the draft we have a poo ton of money coming off the books again. Which means even if we miss the draft we will have the money to get actual proven high quality players.

Next years draft is still an unknown. What if some of them aren't as good as you think they are now or some of them do what Smart from OK State did and go back to possibly be the #1 pick instead of the #4 of #5 pick.

What happens if we don't sign Jefferson but our players continue to develop, Zeller proves he is a player, and we still win 30-35 games? We would be in the same boat only without one of the best offensive centers in the league.

Jefferson elevates us to an on the brink playoff team.  Yall are probably tired of reading this but its not like we are out of money after we sign Jefferson.  We have a lot more cap space next season and draft picks. 

Im not exactly a fan of Jefferson.  I wasnt a fan of Zeller, but im not too stubborn to realize what our organization is doing.  Getting some bigs who can score to go along with Kemba.  MKG is our stopper, along with Bismack.  Henderson is a baller(if we re-sign him).  If not, we have a SG spot WIDE open for either a draft pick or a free agent. 

With Big Al we're automatically 8th seed potential. We're still one more piece away from being competitive, I honestly don't want him, but if he visits he'll leave with a contract.

I'm not sure about 8th seed.

(1) Heat

(2) Brooklyn

(3) Indiana

(4) Chicago

(5) NYK

(6)

(7)

(8)

There's only 3 spot left up for grab. I really think Cleveland, Washington, and Detriot will fill this last three seeds.

And from reports, Big Al is supposed to be in Charlotte today already.

You can bank on Boston getting #1 next year.  Not to mention those prospects everyone wants could not be what everyone thought they were after playing a year in college.  Shabazz was supposed to be a top 3 pick, McLemore dropped out of the top 5, etc.   You just never know.  

Just like in 2007, when they finished with the 2nd worst record in the NBA and ended up picking 5th the year Durant/ Oden came out?

Just like in 2007, when they finished with the 2nd worst record in the NBA and ended up picking 5th the year Durant/ Oden came out?

Oh I didn't know they traded two hall of famers that year to a NY team......

We can play the what if game all day long.

What if those guys(Wiggins, Parker, etc..) dont end up being as good as we possibly thought they would be?

What if we suck and get shafted again in the draft?

We could easily not sign anyone, win 10-15 games, get the #1 pick, select Wiggins, and go on to win an NBA title.

We could also win 10-15 games, get shafted again, not get Wiggins or Parker, and we are sitting right back at where we are now with a better player on the wing and a lack of a big man.

Sign Jefferson.  Inside game is set.  I think Jamison will sign on as well.  Go into this season with...

Kemba - Sessions

Henderson - Gordon

MKG - Taylor

Zeller- Jamison - Thomas

Jefferson - Biyombo - Haywood

If we dont get Wiggins or Parker, use the rest of the money/draft picks, to trade for a star on the wing.  Missing out on Wiggins or Parker ISNT the end of the world.

Jefferson elevates us to an on the brink playoff team. Yall are probably tired of reading this but its not like we are out of money after we sign Jefferson. We have a lot more cap space next season and draft picks.

Im not exactly a fan of Jefferson. I wasnt a fan of Zeller, but im not too stubborn to realize what our organization is doing. Getting some bigs who can score to go along with Kemba. MKG is our stopper, along with Bismack. Henderson is a baller(if we re-sign him). If not, we have a SG spot WIDE open for either a draft pick or a free agent.

Exactly. Gordon's contract is coming off next year, and we will amnesty TNT next year if not this year. We should still have a good load of money to after after another threat next year.

Oh I didn't know they traded two hall of famers that year to a NY team......

Whats your point?  They were garbage that year (and tanked by basically sitting Pierce for the last couple months), and still got screwed by the lottery.  Thats how the lottery works, people that think it is rigged have a serious case of confirmation bias

There are inherent advantages for teams in big markets.  Having the lottery rigged for you is not one of them

Archived