• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam still a Falcon fan

SCP

Darin titled it best on the PFT....NFL player admits to liking team from city he is from...

Holy sense batman!!!!!!!

This is more common in the NFL than you think...

Exactly. Wouldn't have hurt to keep it to himself, but come on.

Why would he be a Panther's fan?  A large portion of the fanbase call him "Scam" Newton and criticize everything he says and does (see:  this thread), and the local media drills him over a routine autograph session and prints hello kitty cartoons degrading him.

Why would he be a Panther's fan? A large portion of the fanbase call him "Scam" Newton and criticize everything he does or says (see: this thread), and the local media drills him over a routine autograph session and prints hello kitty cartoons degrading him.

As if he isn't met with worse hostility by Falcon fans. Please, save it. No true fan calls him Scam. Nice try, through.

Almost like being the CEO of Pepsi, and saying you still support Coke.

Actually, that's not remotely comparable. Sports are a fraternity; players openly admire other players and with the mercenary nature of contracts and player movement it's not logical to have personal agendas regarding team affiliations. Even franchises that are intense rivals off the field will still employ friendly gestures off the field (like the outpouring of support for Boston-area teams after the marathon tragedy.) Players simply don't feel the way that fans do about teams, because they aren't fans who watch the games for entertainment, they're players working to support their families.

Tom Brady has talked often about his love for his childhood 49ers, and Aaron Rodgers desperately wanted to go to San Francisco as well.

If he grew up in Carolina and was drafted by the Falcons, he'd be saying the same thing. In vise versa or whatever.

I mean, maybe.

Whatever. You get my point.

I think the fact that the team he's referring to is the falcons makes it worse than it really is. You know, cuz I fuging hate them.

While I wish it was a different team, him being a fan and his saying so is not a big deal. Major overreactions here.

Why would he be a Panther's fan?  A large portion of the fanbase call him "Scam" Newton and criticize everything he says and does (see:  this thread), and the local media drills him over a routine autograph session and prints hello kitty cartoons degrading him.

Sadly teeray, you are 100% correct.

"WHY WOULD HE BE A PANTHERS FAN?"

IDK, MAYBE BECAUSE WE BELIEVED IN HIM TO MAKE HIM THE NO.1 PICK, AND HE'S COLLECTING CHECKS FROM US. MAYBE THAT'S A REASONS.

He is a Panthers fan. He said he'd root for us ahead of Atlanta when we play them. That's how you determine your ultimate loyalty as a fan, by who you root for based on certain matchups.

Archived