• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucs kicker Barth out for season

Rhys

connor-barth.jpg?w=600&h=425

Connor Barth, a UNC alum and NC (Wilmington) native tore his achilles at a charity basketball game recently and will miss the entire season. The Bucs have signed vet Lawrence Tynes in his place.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000218358/article/connor-barth-out-lawrence-tynes-in-for-buccaneers

This may impact the Bucs season as Barth was accurate and had very good range. Helps the Panthers indirectly but sad to see a local kid miss an entire season due to injury, even if he was a Tarheel. All the best for his recovery.  

Lol the rage that would ensue on here if one of our own players got IRed while not engaging in football or even football related activities

Yea, I can't imagine what would happen if a player like Steve Smith or someone hurt himself at say... a flag football game or some other nonsense? ;)

In all honestly though, it's worse than getting hurt at camp or at a game i'd say. 

Port City, home of Connor Barth, Michael Jordan, Roman Gabriel, Sonny Jurgesson, Clyde Simmons, Trot Nixon, Johnathan Cooper.... How did I not make it to the pros after college Ill never know.

Get well Barth.

Suck it Bucs.

That really sucks!!!!!!! Talk about a good guy.

When we were organizing a charity event for a free mental health clinic in Wilmington, Connor approached us about helping. We auctioned off a " date with Connor Barth". He is really a great person.

Sucks when bad things happen to good people. Wishing him a speedy recovery!!!!!!!

Port City, home of Connor Barth, Michael Jordan, Roman Gabriel, Sonny Jurgesson, Clyde Simmons, Trot Nixon, Johnathan Cooper.... How did I not make it to the pros after college Ill never know.

Get well Barth.

Suck it Bucs.

damn trot nixon is from that area???

That really sucks!!!!!!! Talk about a good guy.

When we were organizing a charity event for a free mental health clinic in Wilmington, Connor approached us about helping. We auctioned off a " date with Connor Barth". He is really a great person.

Sucks when bad things happen to good people. Wishing him a speedy recovery!!!!!!!

That's an interesting way to try and get laid

Archived