• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Meeks, Beason, Peppers, and Gamble...

unicar15

The combination of those 4 guys with the rest of the supporting cast on defense is going to make us a top 5 defense next year. I know we all hate it when Pep "takes plays off" but lets face it...he did it last year and ended up a pro bowler with 14.5 sacks. I feel like Ron Meeks is going to make this guy EXTREMELY happy. I have never thought any DE in the league was on Peppers level from a standpoint of potential and HOPEFULLY Meeks can get this guy to the hall of fame level he should be at already.

Beason and Gamble are studs and I don't really need to say anything more. When you have guys in your "supporting cast" with the talent of Harris, Davis, Godfrey, Marshall and the others we should have a top tier defense this year. Hopefully all of the first and second round draft picks we have spent on defense will pay off with Ron Meeks. Here's to a great defense in 2009.

I'd throw Brian Baker into this discussion too (and the other position coaches, probably).
no doubt.

the dynamic between baker and peppers is going to be the most interesting thing to watch. baker might just be what the doctor ordered.

I think the defense has some work to do and am encouraged that on the surface steps are being made to eliminate some problems that we have faced defensively for a few seasons. That being that the philosophy and scheme seem to be more in favor of the personnel we have (on paper at least) and leadership is intact on the field to to enforce the efforts as well.

The combination of those 4 guys with the rest of the supporting cast on defense is going to make us a top 5 defense next year. I know we all hate it when Pep "takes plays off" but lets face it...he did it last year and ended up a pro bowler with 14.5 sacks. I feel like Ron Meeks is going to make this guy EXTREMELY happy. I have never thought any DE in the league was on Peppers level from a standpoint of potential and HOPEFULLY Meeks can get this guy to the hall of fame level he should be at already.

Beason and Gamble are studs and I don't really need to say anything more. When you have guys in your "supporting cast" with the talent of Harris, Davis, Godfrey, Marshall and the others we should have a top tier defense this year. Hopefully all of the first and second round draft picks we have spent on defense will pay off with Ron Meeks. Here's to a great defense in 2009.

You need to replace Ron Meeks with John Fox instead. As long as we have him in the mix we'll have a mediocre defense as usual. The only scheme Fox runs is the "conservative 11" defense.

Archived