• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton & Steve Smith Interview

Johnny Rockets

So I scrolled through and didn't see a thread on this (lock away if it is old news) but Cam and Steve did an interview on "The Drive" yesterday afternoon that was worth a listen to. There is a video of the interview on the link below. Cam really did a good job and it will be hard for any of his detractors not to see him in a different light after this or at least that is the opinion I came away with. Of course all of what he says needs to translate out on the field but it seems like he is really ready to go this year.

Enjoy:

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/08/05/cam-newton-its-been-challenging-each-and-every-level-i-have-learned-something/

While at the Carolina Panthers Training Camp in Spartanburg, SC, Cam Newton talked with WFNZ’s “The Drive” alongside wide receiver veteran Steve Smith about the criticism he’s experienced over the past few years, the chemistry he has formed with his wide receivers, and what he needs to do to be a successful quarterback in the league.

Steve Smith, who co-hosts on “The Drive” in the off-season, even got a chance to interview Cam next to him and talk about how Newton has progressed with his leadership skills on the Panthers team.

The book Cam mentions is a self-help about interpersonal skills, effective leadership, and personal development. Regardless of the effectiveness of the book, I'm impressed that Cam is working hard at improving himself as a person and not just as a football player.

Wow a video player worse than our own site's.

Yea I can't watch it.  Everytime i play it  it plays for about 30 seconds then a fuging ad comes on, restarts the video and 30 seconds later i get hit with an ad again.

For me, it gets through about 6-7 min before the page just randomly reloads. fuging annoying.

I couldnt hear them because of all the yelling in the background. You would think they would have people be quiet when they are interviewing two star players...

On the radio you couldn't hear any of that. It really would be good if they had a podcast of the audio on these interviews instead of just a video option.

Archived