• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those that don't think Getts is all in this year...

Who Said What?

I think there's a plan...just not a one year plan.  The offensive line will be a bandaid this year...it may take another season or two to get to the place that Gettlemen wants to be.  I think people have a hard time seeing that.

They think he is gonna grab someone from cuts or think there's some master plan this year.  When I really think the plan is to get by, win as many games as possible and keep building this team around Cam and Luke.

Talent wise, we are an 8-8 team.  Gettlemen probably knows this and realizes that it may be a year or two away from this teaming being an 12-4 team.  He will see who can play this year...who's gonna stay and who's gonna go...then we'll see the plan start to play out more.

A bad year for the team also reflects badly on Gettleman, in his first year at GM. Some of the blame could be placed on RR being a lame duck to some, but a decent share falls on Getts. 

Why would he sabotage his first year on the job in any way while putting himself under more pressure going forward?

A bad year for the team also reflects badly on Gettleman, in his first year at GM. Some of the blame could be placed on RR being a lame duck to some, but a decent share falls on Getts. 

Why would he sabotage his first year on the job in any way while putting himself under more pressure going forward?

I can side with this argument more than the ESPN "all GMs want their own coach" one.

talent wise....we pretty much showed the last 2 seasons we could of been a 9 or 10+ win team.  We have underachieved.   

that is WITH the injuries.  A play away.

This is why I don't understand the posters that say "I would scrap everything".  Then I would start from the bottom with Cam and Luke.  We are not that far away.

This entire board is over reacting to the OL situation.  It's a concern no doubt, especially depth, but the starting unit is 'good enough'.  Run blocking never looks great at the beginning of the season.  Even when our line was beastly it took a while for the run game to get going.  

This entire board is over reacting to the OL situation.  It's a concern no doubt, especially depth, but the starting unit is 'good enough'.  Run blocking never looks great at the beginning of the season.  Even when our line was beastly it took a while for the run game to get going.  

My sentiments exactly.  At what point does it become just trying to find something to complain about and dressing it up as "we are the fans that don't blindly drink the Kool-Aid".  I think that is why people are replying so much more in the is Gettleman oblivious thread.  There is too much sound logic in this thread.

I think there's a plan...just not a one year plan. The offensive line will be a bandaid this year...it may take another season or two to get to the place that Gettlemen wants to be. I think people have a hard time seeing that.

They think he is gonna grab someone from cuts or think there's some master plan this year. When I really think the plan is to get by, win as many games as possible and keep building this team around Cam and Luke.

Talent wise, we are an 8-8 team. Gettlemen probably knows this and realizes that it may be a year or two away from this teaming being an 12-4 team. He will see who can play this year...who's gonna stay and who's gonna go...then we'll see the plan start to play out more.

Exactly. Also look for him to rebuild the team his way very soon. You'll see some big names gone over the next two seasons, possibly including beason, Godfrey, double trouble and maybe CJ.

he inherited a cap nightmare and had a hotseat coach forced on him......season won't reflect poorly on Gettlemen. 

it isn't sabotaging....when you refuse to invest in a direction you feel confident will be going a different way in a year.  Why dig the hole deeper?

Archived