• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peyton Manning and his accuracy issues, should Broncos be concerned?

teeray

Eh, there's still a section of this fanbase that is upset Cam is our QB. You can speculate as to why, but it's clear some just don't like the guy. They'll hold him to a different standard regardless of what he does. There's a few posters here who would love nothing more than to see the kid struggle and flame out of the NFL. They aren't hard to spot.

i'm not saying don't make threads about cam newton...i'm saying don't make threads based on why the media isn't slurping newton's nuts.

the whole "being disrespected" angle is silly.

win games. win respect.

If you don't see an issue with the way the media covers him, I can't help you.

As for winning, I don't see many people disputing that. This team needs to win. Period.

Umm, the stat line is terrific, but this was more of a case of the ball bouncing Peyton's way repeatedly and making a great game seem supernatural. I mean, the last TD was a screen where the defense was completely lost, the game completely turned around on Welker's unchallenged drop, and Welker was left wide open once, Julius Thomas was left wide open twice, etc.

Fantastic game, but Peyton's best throw was the long bomb to Thomas, and he didn't really attempt anything too difficult beyond that. Once they jumped on the Ravens they just kept hitting them over and over with great play calls

i agree with the premise of the OP, but cam is a different type of quarterback. he's not likely to carve a defense like this for 7 TDs.

Absolutely.

But the point is (that seems to have been missed by some) is that even in perhaps the greatest QB performance I have ever seen, manning had about 8 passes that were poor throws.  Some were extremely poor.

So when people lock onto every throw Cam makes, and when he misses a receiver, it doesn't mean "OMG Cam is so inaccurate.  That guy was open and he completely overthrew/underthrew him!!111!!"

Even in the greatest performance I have personally seen, the guy had some misses.  And BAD misses.

It is called being an NFL QB.  Quit hanging onto a couple of bad throws in a game as evidence of inaccuracy, when even the greatest QB in the NFL in his greatest game of his career also misses badly.

Cam needs to improve on decision making and really a multitude of things. And I don't expect him to ever be as good as Manning.  But his accuracy is fine as compared to other QBs.  And missing receivers even multiple times in a game is not an abnormal thing that is only exclusive to Cam Newton

/rant

I don't get the "greatest QB performance" ever angle to this game, and I watched it intently. The stat line is fantastic, but it's not even close to the greatest QB performance I've seen, not when I think back to Kurt Warner's wild card game against Rodgers, or Rodgers playoff game against Atlanta. Like teeray said, there were a number of poor throws, and the difficulty level of the vast majority of them were marginal at best. I mean, guys were getting wide open all night once the Ravens defense tired out, so the GOAT angle is definitely overblown to me.

Hell, I just plugged the numbers into my QBA system and it spit out a 73.14 out of 100, which wouldn't have been in the top 20 scores of 2012.

Archived