• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking Bad prequel 'Better Call Saul' is a go *Mike Confirmed*

Dpantherman

AMC announced in a joint statement with Sony Pictures TV today that they are moving forward with “Breaking Bad” spinoff “Better Call Saul.” The network and studio have so far reached a licensing agreement for the hourlong drama.

New series will serve as a prequel to “Breaking Bad” and center on Saul Goodman, the attorney that eventually becomes Walter White’s lawyer. Bob Odenkirk, who plays Goodman on the parent series, will star in the spinoff, with Peter Gould spearheading the project.

Just a side note, but Saul is officially no longer safe these final 3 episodes since it's a prequel.

Always figured it would be a prequel, and I even mentioned in the BB thread I can see it ending with Walt/Jesse walking into his office for the finale. I'll watch, but I don't have the highest of hopes for it. 

• 4 months later...
EXCLUSIVE:Jonathan Bankshas joined Bob Odenkirk inBetter Call Saul,AMC/Sony TV’s upcoming prequel to Emmy-winning Breaking Bad that centers on Odenkirk‘s unflappable criminal lawyer Saul Goodman. Banks will be a series regular on the show conceived by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan andBreaking Bad writer-producer Peter Gould. The prequel series,slated to debut on AMC in November, will chronicle the evolution of Saul before he ever became Walter White’s lawyer. The deal with Banks means that Saul will have his trusted private investigator/fixer Michael “Mike” Ehrmantraut by his side. Banks was a regular on Breaking Bad and played Ehrmantraut for 2.5 seasons after being  introduced in the drama series’ second-season finale.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/jonathan-banks-better-call-saul-casting-mike-ehrmantraut/

• 4 months later...

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Vince-Gilligan-Breaking-Bad-Spin-Off-Better-Call-Saul-Mistake-1082514.aspx

This does not bode well for the Breaking Bad spin-off.
With Better Call Saul's production almost two weeks behind schedule, creator Vince Gilligan is already starting to express concern about the prequel series.
"I am worried ... it may turn out this was a mistake to do this," Gilligan admitted during The Hollywood Reporter's showrunner roundtable. "If it's After MASH rather than Frasier, it won't be for a lack of hard work, but you just don't know until the world takes it."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived