• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your the GM. What you do? (Coaches, Cam, etc)

Dash Global

Said the same things last year didn't we?

Fire loser coach

Draft weapons, WR, TE, guys that can be good reliable targets beyond olsen and smith...

Build depth with guys who fit the system....

Fire the loser coach is the big one. We have some pieces but they're getting no pub because we player afraid to win football

Firing Rivera now makes little sense since their are no assistants on the staff able to find their own ass with their hands in their back pockets, much less be even the interim HC.

We are making the dangerous assumption that the current GM actually (1)  is NOT a Fat Jerry Yes Man and/or (2) has balls.  Any HC has to meet senile bastard Jerry's approval.

Fear that the replacement will be a failure is no reason to keep a current failure as a head coach.  Rivera is NOT the answer, I doubt Mcdermott is the answer, but at least we'll know if is or isn't by the end of the season and be able to move on from there.

After Rivera is fired this team needs to do whatever the fug they can to make Cam Newton the best qb in the nfl. The talent is there we have all seen it.

Do not draft a coach who is only interested in one side of the ball.

Get Cam some fuging weapons and some fuging protection. Hire someone to work with Cam and get his mechanics right.

You are dead on!! 

get rid of Rivera and see how McDermott fares..  you kill 2 birds with one stone.  

1) Avoiding the inevitable by keeping Rivera at coach and losing anyway...

2) Cross McDermott off your list of potential coaches.

I think this will actually happen this season, just not quite yet.  

After 3 years, there is no excuse to not have gone to the playoffs building around Newton considering his ceiling.  

Get good coaches in here.  The popular ones look to be Roman, Shaw, and Sumlin.   All 3 of these guys you'd think would love to get someone like Newton running their NFL offense.  It's just...we have JR ultimately making the decision.  

I don't see us getting any of them.  Maybe go after Adam Gase because it looks like he's doing something right so far, Darrell Bevell, or maybe the AHC route--Winston Moss.    

As much as I hate to do it, I keep Rivera on for this week, and cut him loose going into the bye.

McD interim HC, two weeks to prep for 3 weeks of more traditional game planning (Easier to gameplan around Ari, Min, Stl than Seattle and a Buffalo QB with one week of game tape).

In the offseason, keep working to restructure/release contracts and get some big hits off the books, will also involve cutting/trading at least one of our RBs, and prob both eventually.  We need that money to pay Cam, Luke, etc down the road.  RB is the most expendable, replaceable position on the field.  It's sad because Dwill and Stewart are two of my favorite players, and great guys in general, but they're not worth what were paying them.  Adrian Peterson isn't worth what were paying them.

Keep CJ, and pay him the 75 million.  Sign Hardy long term, hes not going to demand CJ money, and nothing is harder to come by (outside of a franchise QB) or adds more value per dollar spent than a good DE.  Its amazing what a good pass rush will do for improving the the defensive backfield.

Work on improving OL in the draft and in free agency next year.  As bad as the OL looked, we've got a pro bowl center, a good veteran tackle who took a pay cut to stay here, some raw, young talent.  Were probably 1-2 players, and a little depth away from a very efficient line.

Unless McD really, and I mean really, impresses...start the search over in the off season.  Hire a coach who's smart enough to effectively use the weapons we have, and who thinks out of the box.  I'm sick of the traditional approach we take to hiring.  All our coaches, and candidates, are exactly the same...worked their way up, lots of NFL experience, defensive minded (usually).  The type that are dinosaurs in this league.

I have always aired on the side of giving RR more time, but now I think it's pretty clear he is just not a competent HC. 

If your the GM, what is your plan going forward coaching wise and what is your outlook on Cam?

I wouldnt fire RR right away as it is possible for him to turn things around and make the playoffs (very unlikely). I would be planning to fire him and making my list of potential HC's. 

I havent done much if any research on potential HC's but off the top of my head id be looking at Roman, Summlin, and Shaw. I would pray Rex Ryan was caned in NY and pay him what ever it took to get him as our DC. 

As of now, I am not sure if Cam is a franchise QB. I would want to see him in a right offense before making that decision. The bad thing is if we wait and he fails again then his value will only continue to fall. 

Def overhaul on the coaches. Not sure what id do with Cam atm.... 

Keep Cam, but get him a offensive master mind for a head coach and another TE and a true #1 receiver and fix the friggin line.  If he can't succeed then, we move on.

Fire Rivera.

Right now, I dont believe that Cam is a franchise QB. Def not worth more than 60 mil too. Though, I would love to see Cam under a HC/staffs that can groom and utilize his potentials. Rivera has simple ruined the kid. Like a poster said earlier, he's Alex Smith 2.0. Cam has several areas he need to improve on: mechanic, vision, decision making, etc.

Archived